What incentives are you giving yourself?

And you Anna, where do you get them from??
Fable Trading Ltd will tell you who in your area sells them. I know there's a shop in Devon, have a look and see if its near you.
I went to a shop in Newcastle when I was up at my mum's to get my chain, lock and 3 beads. I also got the silver hands of friendship bead for my best bud.
I'm planning on going to a shop in Banbury on Tuesday on my way home from Oxford. It is definitely much nicer to see them in the flesh!

loved the trollbead idea. so much so i have ordered one and will get a new charm after each stone. have just lost my first stone (midweek peeking at the scales :eek: ) so i am gonna order a suitcase one...to mark the start of my journey :)

i am also whisking sonkie away on one of those retreat/spa kinda weekends when we get to goal. compliments of hubby :D

ooo and the other thing is...for xmas and my birthday, i asked people to get me clothes shop vouchers so that i can go on a spree when im at goal. so far i have just under £200 in vouchers for "next" and "marks and sparks". so now we have valentines...easter...wedding anniversary...umm can anyone think of another occasion i can squeeze clothes money out of anyone before the end of the summer??

i'll definately be buying myself some corsets. ooo and skinny jeans ..havent owned jeans for years.

damn i could go on all day :eek:

Fantastic idea re: the shopping vouchers!

I am going to get a Trollbead thingy. Fab idea! I went to a meeting the other day and saw one of the attendees with the very same thing on. I was so tempted to ask her, but the meeting was fairly high-brow and I didn't want to appear unprofessional! :)

DAK if there is an option for buying from the website? I've gone from 20St 8Ibs to 17St 13.5Ibs ... so I owe myself 2 charms :D

you can't buy direct from Fable Trading, but you can buy online from the place in Newcastle. When you buy your bracelet, measure your wrist, add 2cm and that's the length you need. Remember you need a lock too. I've got the double knot lock.

:)
you can't buy direct from Fable Trading, but you can buy online from the place in Newcastle. When you buy your bracelet, measure your wrist, add 2cm and that's the length you need. Remember you need a lock too. I've got the double knot lock.

Cheers me dears ...! :)

sorry wannabeminime...

i ordered mine from beadazzled.co.uk | Multi Search Results but there r beads being sold on ebay too.

which shop in plymouth sells them?? would be better to go see them before ordering next time :D

My work is taking me to Vegas for 6 days in May, and I will need a dress...... Thats my new incentive.

My short term incentive is a work formal in 42 days, i also need a dress for that. yoinks!

look what u've started with these trollbead yorkie lol

i have just found out another great thing that will be an incentive for me. I was chatting to my dad lastnight and he said that if i lose all the weight, he will pay for me to have any loose skin on arms/thighs/tum removed.

I was absolutely stunned and almost started to cry cos i have been thinking about how i will most likely be a sagging mess when all the weight is gone. the nhs dont do tummy tucks down here either so i knew i would have to wait a few years to save up.

dad loaned my sister the money for hers but to be honest, i have never remembered he paid for it until he offered to pay for mine so it never occured to me he would be willing to make such a huge gesture. totally out of leftfield...totally choked me up

he doesnt expect the money back but i will definately be treating it as a loan. now i am so so relieved that i will be able to sort skin out if i am unfortunate enough to be left with it all baggy :eek: and even better, it ought to all happen this year.

still walking on air!

the nhs dont do tummy tucks down here either so i knew i would have to wait a few years to save up.

NOOOOOOO!!! I was hoping they would!!! What am i gonna do now??

now i am so so relieved that i will be able to sort skin out if i am unfortunate enough to be left with it all baggy :eek: and even better, it ought to all happen this year.

Awwww, what a fab dad!! Lucky you!

Bex xx

Karen that's fantastic!

Great that I've started a trollbead thing here, I LOVE mine and can't wait to get more. I am definitely happier getting beads than getting choccies or other edibles as treats. The good thing is that my girls are too young to go shopping for them themselves, so I get to choose them too lol

TROLL BEADS

Hi Yorkiegirl,

I bought my bracelet yesterday! :D I also bought the flower clasp and two beads to represent the two stones I've already lost. I wanted the first bead to represent the commencement of my journey so chose a silver Lion; because it I'm a Leo and also because it signifies what my journey needs i.e. the heart of a lion and bravery. My second bead was a 'Carribean' glass stone because it was so lovely, the colours and all and I hope to be able to go there one day and wear a swimming costume without fear of ridicule.

I hope all that makes sense! It cost me a fortune. I don't have it yet as my beads are on order and I want to pick them up all together. I'm going to wear the bracelt throughout my journey and have it there as a reminder when I'm feeling weak.

Cah-Ching! :)

oo exciting!
I am hoping the shop I am off to tomorrow has the endless silver bead in stock, to symbolise my love for my DH. I am sure I will choose some others too lol. Make sure to post a pic once you've got it!

I will do if I can!

hi bex,

when my sister went to her doc for tummy tuck, she really felt that my sis deserved one. she didnt have loose skin but she did have a very severe looking apendix scar and a funny lopsided lump that had appeared after she had her daughter. it was like a big pocket of fat on an otherwise slim belly and it really got her down cos it showed thru clothes. doctor definately agreed that it needed to be done but the only option she was given was to challenge and fight for the op. doc felt that would take a couple of years and even then it might not end up in her getting the op. sis lost heart and decided to have it done at the nuffield opposite derriford hosp. cost her £5500 tho and thats without the consultations etc.

i have thought before...there are quite a few of us down in this neck of the woods and we ought to all try to get one on the nhs. if it cant be done, we would have a gang of us to fight for them. sure herald would get on board with a few of us making a big noise :D

i do have the option of my dad helping out now but i dont truely feel i should have to rely on someone paying for me. im just so so chuffed to have the option. i am more than happy to devote time to making a huge fuss. if we won, maybe dad could sort out my boob lift (ruddy breastfeeding lol) at another time.

Last edited:
Hi Karen,

Great idea about involving the press! Will see about it when i get to goal. Trouble is, i will need a boob job too! Saw my doc with DD this morning about her allergies. I havent seen her in over a year. She didnt recognise me!! Was chuffed to bits for me and wanted to know how i had done it. No negative comments about vlcds! So i think i will talk to her when at goal, but i will wait until i have maintained for a few months, just so that i know i can do it!

yippee got my beads! They had the endless silver bead so I got that, and a blue glass one to have when I get to my 2 stone loss, hopefully on Thursday! Then the girls chose me a bead each and I am saving them for Mother's day

Back