What is appropriate for a Christening?

Im not sure if a Greek orthodox one would be different but personally ive never seen anyone wear things like gloves/fascinators to a christening. Sounds like it would be fab for a wedding but in my experience the 'dress code' for a christening is usually less formal. But as I say Ive no experience of a Greek one so protocol may be very different :)

Finally managed to see the dress it's gorgeous I'd go for it but on it's own

Last edited:
Oh my goodness that dress is stunning ....go for it ...stand out ...you'll look amazing

Last edited:
Love love love the dress, fine for the christening minus the fascinator and gloves:cool:

The dress is fine for a Greek Orthodox Christening. Don't wear the gloves though and a fascinator is a bit OTT for GO. As the dress is black, I'd choose another colour to brighten it up and stick to that theme. I.e, pink shoes, pink bolero, pink clutch and jewellery etc.

That dress is fabulous!! i have a lot of 1950's stuff, i would love this dress :)

i think it would be fine for the christening, its not revealing and really pretty!!!

MichelinMummy said:
I absolutely love it! Would buy it myself if my fat @rse would fit in :D

Lolololololololololololololol last laugh of the day thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I ahve bought that dress in a print for a school summer ball. It's gorgeous. Just hope the kids don't think I'm mutton dressed as lamb

Fabulous !!! and am so old I wore one like it first time round.

Hi everyone, I have my God-son's Christening next month and want to know what is appropriate. I have seen this dress and want to go retro with a bolero,gloves and fascinator but not sure if black is appropriate for a Greek Orthordox christening.
VTG 50s STYLE ROCKABILLY BLACK AUDREY SWING DRESS 10-20 | eBay UK
Please reply

A baby, a font, a holy man, holy water and a church would top my list.

God parents, guests and posh clothes would figure too.

Hope that helps;)

Gorgeous dress. I agree that a little cardi and hair flowers to accessorise would be more appropriate for a christening though. (You could go for orchids if you wanted it slightly more exotic looking). They've got some nice short fitted cardies in Asda and New Look at the moment - perfect for over these dresses, and good for injecting some colour too.
Tiki Tearaway does some amazing hair accessories that'll really make you stand out!

welcome - TikiTearaway

Oh no - made the mistake of looking at that Tiki Tearaway website - now I want a Tiny Tweeter and a Lobster. I'm so bad at resisting these things!!

A baby, a font, a holy man, holy water and a church would top my list.

God parents, guests and posh clothes would figure too.

Hope that helps;)

??????????????????

Back