Cruise PV What is Dukan Miracle Soup??

Its a soup that used to be used in hospitals for patients that needed to lose weight for surgery, My mum used to be a nurse and i remember her bringing the recipe home years ago.

It's basically a chunky vegetable soup - the recipe is somewhere in the DD book, someone should be able to confirm - my book is at home.

It's on page 205 of the DD book

Saw this post from Maintainer in another thread : *copied and pasted*

4 garlic cloves
6 large onions
1 or 2 tins peeled tomatoes
1 large cabbage head
6 carrots
2 green peppers
1 bunch celery
3 litres water
3 low fat beef cubes ) far too many. too salty... use fewer + taste
3 low fat chicken cubes )

Peel and cut the veggies into equal size pieces. Put them in a soup pot with LOW FAT stock cubes and cover with water. Let them boil for 10 mins, reduce heat and continue cooking until the veggies are tender.

Sounds like this could be a good slow cooker recipe to me. What a good thing to take to work!

Saw this post from Maintainer in another thread : *copied and pasted*

4 garlic cloves
6 large onions
1 or 2 tins peeled tomatoes
1 large cabbage head
6 carrots
2 green peppers
1 bunch celery
3 litres water
3 low fat beef cubes ) far too many. too salty... use fewer + taste
3 low fat chicken cubes )

Peel and cut the veggies into equal size pieces. Put them in a soup pot with LOW FAT stock cubes and cover with water. Let them boil for 10 mins, reduce heat and continue cooking until the veggies are tender.
Ahhh the cabbage soup diet!! I've been on this many moons ago (1 of many! ;)) I LOVE cabbage & can't wait till I can have some.......but boy oh boy, does it make you windy!!!! :faint2:
Jackie xx

Me too! I have done the cabbage soup diet many times in the past. I don't have my book with me but I don't remember him mentioning it.

Does he recommend eating the soup on pv days?

What stock cube do you use?

It was under 'miracle soup'...not sure if it is the cabbage soup diet as I haven't ever tried that.

So what IS miraculous about it?? What does it do exactly? I'm going to go buy the ingredients. Can we use low SALT oxo cubes or do they have to be low fat?

I do something like this every saturday - make a big pot of soup, so I have something hot and filling and tasty available when I get back late at night on pv days - most night now I'm in conso!

It uses up veg that has wilted since the previous weekend, and I can add leftovers and veg trimmings (like celery tops or cauli stalks) as I go along, day by day.

I need to do something like this. Husband ( now at target) comes home ravenous, and between him getting in and dinner, he starts to pick.

In a huff this morning - son and his friend came home last night , and made scrambled eggs. Yep - no eggs fr my gallette this morning. Huff huff huff!

Back