What is Ephadrine?

A friend of mine said that they have been diet pills with ephadrine in it - what are they, do they work and where can i get them from? xx​

Most diet pills will contain the natural form of ephadrine. Is a stimulant/appetite suppressant. it increases your heart rate, so can be dangerous if over used.

I would recommend you stay well clear of it. I previously worked with a guy who had them shipped from the US (until they banned the higher dosage). He became addicted and had a serious eating disorder mainly caused by them

Oh wow, i had no idea they were dangerous!! she takes 30mg i think, is that alot? ill tell her that they are bad, but she already seems hooked on them coz they are working for her..is there a safer alternative i could offer, as i had actually thought about getting some of her ephadrine things before...if there is an alternative tho i think i might try it... x

ps well done on your fantastic weight loss - only 2 lbs away from your target - thats fantastic!! *high fives!*xx

Hi Kitten

I'd be very wary about taking any tablets, except if they are prescribed by a Doctor. A lot of these online websites that offer tablets don't have any policy or qualifications to prescribe drugs ... and basically they could be sending out any old thing!

At the end of the day, boring as it sounds, healthy eating and exercise is the best alternative ... that's what we're doing on this forum - and you just have to look at some of the losses to see it works!

Twigs
xx

Oh wow, i had no idea they were dangerous!! she takes 30mg i think, is that alot? ill tell her that they are bad, but she already seems hooked on them coz they are working for her..is there a safer alternative i could offer, as i had actually thought about getting some of her ephadrine things before...if there is an alternative tho i think i might try it... x

If she is getting them from the UK then it is likely to be a milder version (diluted so to speak). Common products contain about 25mg per tablet. I would be more concerned about where she gets them.

If you googled ephedrine, then you would read all the horror stories about it. If she has been perscriped them, then it is likely that it would only be for 90 days.

Also, weightlifters use a combination called an ECA stack. Ephedrine, caffiene and Aspirin. It is used to boost muscle performance and increase there metabolic rate. However even they have to build up a tolerance and "cylce" every 4 weeks

Last edited:
I am now on my soapbox about this.

I took this quote from a "pro" ehpedrine site

Initially, most people will experience typical minor side effects with EC. These effects are dose-dependent and are dramatically reduced with continued use. One study found a 90% reduction in side effects after two months of use. The most common side effects include nervousness, agitation, hand tremor, and insomnia.

So you will see that side effects will last for over 2 months but this is from a site that recomends it. I am not going to post info taken from a site against its use as a diet pill.

It was originally used many many years ago for asthmatics but is now banned in this country but you can get hold of a synthetic version, its nasty stuff and really shouldn't be taken at all! It might help you lose weight but at a cost to your health.

well with all that in mind, ill be giving it a miss - insomia?! i dont think so, that cant be good, and shakey hands!

my friend gets the from a website, i think they are based in canada or the usa or something, but thank you for your info, ill definitely get her to look into it and try and help find her an alternative!!

its not worth harming your health just to be size zero!! thanks guys xx

Hi kitten me & a friend took these once, we got them from her boyfriends mate who is a body building fanatic who does steroids & every thing else you can imagine! Anyway all they did for us was make you lose your appetite (you really didnt want to eat hardly anything) & gave you a horrible dry feeling in your mouth the thirst was ridiculous!.No matter how much we drank we were still thirsty & i couldnt stand it in the end so gave them up after about a month.
p.s i lost about 4lb in weight so no better than ww

I wouldn't go near diet pills! They can cause serious valvular dysfunction in the heart. WW is definitely the way to go!

I have read that they can give people bad heart palpatations, migraines and can even possibly lead to a stroke. They are meant to suppress the appetite, however they are just not worth the side effects.

Hiya, Ive just seen this thread and just wanted to give my take. I used to take these back in 2001/2002. Its basically like a mild amphetamine like speed and can give you the same sort of buzz. I used to train with alot of people who were into body building and fitness, and used to use them before training. It would give me energy to train harder and push myself more. I did supress my appetite but when I took them and I wasnt in the gym, I couldnt keep still!!! I became very paranoid too!! So my OH chucked them down the loo and since then I havent touched them! There are dangerous and they can be addictive. When I used them people really didnt know them harm they could cause. It used to even be in Starbucks drinks in the US, was in most slimming pills like Xendadrine etc but all were banned in about 2003/04. I personally would stay well away from them. If you want to train alittle harder you can find drinks that have caffine and something called chromium( a mineral that helps to regulate sugar cravings) and THATS it!
Hope your friend stops using them xx

Back