What is everyone going to eat for pancake day?

Im thinking of syning some flour for my pancake as then can use my milk allowance for it and be less syns then in the book. Still not sure what the syns will be but im sure i can squeeze in one small pancake for my syn allowance hmm.

Going to top it with 2 alpen melted (hEB) and chopped banana and one table spoon of syrup (2syns).

I know there are syn free pancakes too eat, but as its pancake day think i will go the whole hog!

Yeah were having pancakes, am just allotting syns. Will just make up one batch of batter and then once its gone its gone. Its only once a year. :)

yea good idea, i plan to do same for xmas eve, xmas day and boxing day too! Three days over a two week break will not harm at all in my eyes!

Im thinking of syning some flour for my pancake as then can use my milk allowance for it

I plan on doing this too, I've tried the syn free ones made from whipped up eggs and sweetener but it's just not the same. Syn free toppings all the way though, yogurt and blueberries or bananas!

The only time of year I eat Pancakes....I am not changing a habit of a lifetime.....I will however use the SW recipe

im not keen on pancakes and being the worlds worst pancake maker...so im told by my children i have opted for nipping into herons and buying aunt bessies frozen ready made pancakes.......of course i will astound my children this year and pass them off as my own, and throw the packet into next door dustbin :D

I LOVE pancakes and my kids have them all the time, but we still get excited for Pancake Day.

I will be having two pancakes, both with butter, sugar and lemon juice. I will use all my syns for that day, but I don't care ..... they are so worth it.

Happy real pancake day. Syn it! We deserve it ;-). Everything in moderation is the way fwd.

Exactly, 2 pancakes is not going to do a lot of damage. If you have 6 loaded with toppings, that may be a different story!!

im not keen on pancakes and being the worlds worst pancake maker...so im told by my children i have opted for nipping into herons and buying aunt bessies frozen ready made pancakes.......of course i will astound my children this year and pass them off as my own, and throw the packet into next door dustbin :D

how many syns are these ?

I dont like pancakes , and hate the mess ...........so have spent years hoping no one in the family remembers what day it is lol

I'm going to save up all my syns for the day and have one or two pancakes. Its weigh in at 7.30 so I'll wait till after then!!!!!

Makes: 8 pancakes
Syns per pancake: 1½ Syns
Ingredients:
57g plain flour
2 medium eggs
142g/5oz fat free fromage frais
145ml/¼pt skimmed milk
Fry Light

Then top with whateve you like!

Exactly, 2 pancakes is not going to do a lot of damage. If you have 6 loaded with toppings, that may be a different story!!

That's why I'm having mine after WI on Thursday instead - cream, sugar and lemon - 2 just isn't enough! It is only once a year albeit I am having them on the wrong day! xxx

Makes: 8 pancakes
Syns per pancake: 1½ Syns
Ingredients:
57g plain flour
2 medium eggs
142g/5oz fat free fromage frais
145ml/¼pt skimmed milk
Fry Light

Then top with whateve you like!

That is the recipe I am going to use as well and then smother them in Blueberries.:D But I was wondering......I do not use Fry light or Oil or anything like that for frying. I dry fry almost everything, will that change the syn value?

That is the recipe I am going to use as well and then smother them in Blueberries.:D But I was wondering......I do not use Fry light or Oil or anything like that for frying. I dry fry almost everything, will that change the syn value?

Fry light is syn free so doesn't add to the syn value.

I'm def having some, doing salsa, feta and chorizo ones for savoury and fruit and ff fromage frais for sweet... going to syn them as saved some up yesterday. YUM! xxxxxx

i am hoping my man doesnt realise its pancake day!!! i also have no eggs in the house so we cant have any if he does!!! oooof!

x

how would u dry fry a pancake? will it not get stuck? :confused:
im delaying pancake day by 1 day and having them 2moro after weigh in!
xx

Back