What is it with Quorn Sausages?

eye6769

Vegetarian who lives2eat
Is it just me or have Quorn Sausages become really 'herby'. They taste like stuffing mix. I used to really like them they were just normal sausage but without meat. I have bought the fresh ones and the frozen bag and they taste the same. Was the old ones called bangers? Even though they are a godsend on sw I dont think I will be buying them again unless I can get some of the old ones.

It's the new recipe I suppose, they have changed their sausage range and done away with several of the flavours. I doubt you will be able to get old ones because they don't make them any more. Have you tried Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary sausages? They are really nice, syn free and on offer in Asda at the moment

Had my first try of the LM Red Onion & Rosemary (freeeeeee) last night - I thought they were absolutely lush. A deffo on the menu for us from now on.
Couldn't find them in our Asda though - had to go to Sainsbugs.

Are those LM sausages really free? I love quorn ones but begrudge using syns on them. How much are they on offer for in asda?

The LM Italian ones are good at .5 syn each. I haven't tried them so don't know about flavour.
Wish our Asda had the Tomato & Rosemary - brill at £1. I paid £1.99 in Sainsbugs.

Will try and get some of the LM ones , although I dont normally like her stuff, but they have to taste better than the Quorn ones, thanks for info.

I agree - the new Quorn sausages aren't nearly as nice as the old ones. Thanks for sharing about the Linda M. red onion sausages, Patchworkpuss - I'm excited to try them! I don't mind synning sausages, but it's always good to have a syn-free option as well.

I have to admit that I love these new ones in a sausage casserole. Well worth the one syn each in my opinion. :)

Back