What is the best diet?

Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
There is no "best" diet.

We are all very different types of people, some get good results on a vlcd like Cambridge Weight Plan, or Lipotrim.

Others like groups like Weight Watchers & Slimming World.

Others like social media dieting, where you do a diet but post on MiniMins, youtube, instagram etc.

Others like doing slimfast, or herbalife, or exante, or xenical, or whatever.

The key thing to remember is if you slip back to old habits then the same old story will happen over and over and over. Making changes to your diet are for life. Not for 6 months.

Definitely I agree :) I think 'diets' are good as long as they are sustainable for the individual for a short time, what might be ok for one definitely won't be for another. They can be helpful to give you a kick in the right direction, and a boost to make you want to reach your goal weight. I personally can't sustain a quickfix diet, I just can't get the willpower to be hungry, I hate it, I hate the feeling and I hate the person it makes me become (grumpy!).

From my experience of being overweight since childhood I've finally figured out that you do need to change the way you eat indefinitely, its not quick and it is hard, for me and I'm sure alot of others its is the hardest thing to do because really - I didn't want to - I was happy eating the foods that make me happy and just accepted being overweight as part of that. But really I've never been happy with being overweight, so when you think about it - it actually doesn't make sense. You need to work out the 'best' way to help yourself, and that sometimes means many seemingly failed attempts but its all to get you to your ideal diet so its not pointless, its all progress isn't it.

Back