What is the best fruit to eat?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by XxKirstxX, 20 April 2010 Social URL.

1. XxKirstxX

XxKirstxX Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.37%)
    Diet:
    My own diet & exercise
    Anyone? What is the best and worst fruit?

I.e calories, sugar etc..

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lucky Cat

Lucky Cat A work in progress

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(34.94%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating/exercise
    Hmmm, not sure really. I don't count calories. Bananas are pretty high in calories I believe as are grapes.

One of the lowest is melon - it's virtually water. Strawberries/raspberries are good too.

I never worry about the calorific value of any fruit or veg because they're all good for you in their own way. Let's face it, none of us got fat by eating fruit now did we?? ;):D

4. XxKirstxX

XxKirstxX Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.37%)
    Diet:
    My own diet & exercise
    Lol I suppose not.

I usually eat an apple for breakfast then a tangerine and apple with lunch. Mmm melon is yummy might start buying that as well and add it in. Sometimes I feel scared to eat bananas as think they are probably not the best option fruit wise... I don't know if i'm being silly though. xx

5. breadbin

breadbin Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.3%)
    Diet:
    Exercise!!
    yeah i dont add the fruit and veg calories to my intake cos i believe they are fundamentally good for you and you can eat as much as you like;) well depends if you want to sit on the toilet all day though:)

as for calories, i'd say avocadoes are the highest but not sure whether bananas are close. avocadoes are absolutely gorgeous though and are really good for you - superfood!! but yeah high in calories - calories arent the be all and end all though its the type of calorie that counts too. hope this helps sorry if its confusing

6. Isabel B

Isabel B Full Member

Proberly melon!! doesnt taste of much on its own, but nice cold.
    Berries are full of antioxidents so good for that.

7. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Glycaemic Index Tables

As said fruit is going to be better for you that say chocolate! So I wouldn't be too concerned about it after all there are only about 80 calories in a medium sized banana.

If you wanted to you could focus on fruits with a lower GI as these will fill you up for longer relative to their calorie count. Yes watermelon is low in calories but because it is mostly water it is also the fruit with the highest GI.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.