What is the best low carb book to buy??

Gizbok

I am currently on the cambridge weight loss diet and preparing for what to follow afterwards and think this diet would be best! Which book would u suggest to follow ?

Hi there! You dont really say whay you are looking for. If you want a low carb diet to still lose weight then there are a couple of different ones such as atkins or dukan. Take a look at the boards on minimins - stickies will usually tell y u the basics of the diet so you can decide

If you are looking to maintain then might be better to read up on the science (gary taubes has a couple of really good books) and then just buy a low carb recipe book for your new lifestyle. Good luck!

Hi Kat1e - I am wanting to lose another stone after xmas and then maintain afterwards. I am wanting it to contains carbs list with content value to help when shopping and if i go restaurants, so that I am able to make better choices, also would like some good recipes.

Just thought that people who are doing the same thing may have bought a book and could me their review - I do have a few in mind, but thought if people on here follow low carb diet and have one that they really find useful, would look into getting that, as they are so many out there!

Well done on your weightloss you have done fantastic and thanks for your help x

I was going to do weight watchers but wanted a little bit more restriction at this point x

If you have a phone/blackberry/iphone then would recommend any of the free apps that have carb counts so you can check on the go. Otherwise probably best to get the induction list of foods printed - then you can always be safe shopping and in restaurants.

For recipes - i find the web the best resource:D
Good luck

Back