What is the difference between a green and an ee day?

LaurenJade23

Hi,

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong bit or there is already a thread for this, but I'm a vegetarian and I've recently joined slimming world online.

Please can someone clarify the difference between the EE and green days for me please?

Do they both work equally well?

Thank you!

EE you're allowed meat, fish AND potatoes/pasta/rice Etc.

on green you have to either healthy extra meat/fish or syn it. And all pasta, rice, potatoes, lentils everything like that is free. If I was a vegetarian I'd do green, you get 2 of each healthy extras :) and you're not going to get the benefit out of extra easy as you don't eat meat or fish x

Oh thank you :) do you still need to eat a lot of fruit and veg at meal times?

Also, is all quorn free on green days (other than the sausages which im guessing would still be one syn eaxh?)

X

Yes 1/3 SF is still advisable
Quorn product do vary in Syns I would check 1st

Oh thank you :) do you still need to eat a lot of fruit and veg at meal times?

Also, is all quorn free on green days (other than the sausages which im guessing would still be one syn eaxh?)

X

1/3 superfree is something to look at if losses are too slow for your liking.

Quorn products vary, the mince, chicken pieces and lamb strips are free. But sausages vary, cos there's different types. The normal ones 1 syn, Cumberland ones I think are 1.5 syns? And low fat ones (only from sainsburys) are free. Burgers are 1/2 syn but the chilled beef and sweet red onion are free!

Own brand supermarket vegetarian products can be good too and cheaper

Ok cool, so sainsburys stock free quorn sausages- does anyone know the name of the free ones so I can stock up?

Its packs of 6 frozen sausages labelled low fat and "back by popular demand". They were on offer a couple for weeks ago for a quid so i have a freezer full now lol - current offer is 3 for £5.50 :)

Has anyone seen this sausages anywhere else apart from Sainsbury's?? I don't have one near me & I have tried Asda, Co-op and not found them :( - Also in regards of EE/RED/GREEN - I just stick to EE, so much easier!! :p

Has anyone seen this sausages anywhere else apart from Sainsbury's?? I don't have one near me & I have tried Asda, Co-op and not found them :( - Also in regards of EE/RED/GREEN - I just stick to EE, so much easier!! :p
nope =[ theyre only in sainsburys atm...=\

The free ones are still quorn sausages, but they are only available in sainsburys x

Ok cool, so sainsburys stock free quorn sausages- does anyone know the name of the free ones so I can stock up?

Oops, I probably didnt explain myself properly there lol.

yeah it's the quorn low fat ones are free but only available from sainsburys. Sainsburys own are 1/2 syn. I've just had their own burgers for tea and they were lovely, and 1/2 syn each x

I'm an EE girl too, but I really think it's great to have the other options for variety. The thought of 2 HEX's is so appealling, but I'm really struggling to drag myself away from EE and give them a fair trial.

I do green as I found it so hard with only one hexa & b

So far loving green . Trying various dairy free bits this week see how it goes!

Been enjoying quorn hot dogs (1 syn) .. lovely and very filling. Two is enough!

Xx

I bloody love green days and I love a lot of vegetarian meat alternatives. But chicken/prawns/pork lure me into extra easy days. Lol at one point I was doing all green as I really wasn't missing meat but then I found a love for meat and fish again. I've had tuna today and I love it. The green days are really brilliant for veggies though and why only have 2 healthy extras when you can have 4?

Ive heard a lot of people on here saying that their consultant still advises them to do extra easy after there's explained they were vegetarian, I can never understand why! I remember when I joined, I was asked if I was vegetarian before she even did the talk

Back