What is the longest anyone has STS ?

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
Despite all my best efforts, I have only lost one pound in the month. I feel slightly disheartened. I hear many of the people at the group saying they had a take away or meal out and still lose weight. The most i have had off plan this month is one of the little biscuits M & S give you with a cup of coffee. Is STS normal when you have only about a stone left to lose? i know you girls advocate red days but I am not a big meat eater :mad:

I'm roughly the same height as you & I've been doing SW since Feb this year; I've lost a total of 10lbs, yep it works out at around 1lb a month.

I'm not too concerned as I know it is coming off. I have gains of 0.5-1lb week & the same loses. It did get me down a bit but now I just think that is how my body is.

Just stick with it & it will come off.:p

I think sometimes if you're being too strict it can hamper your losses. Are you using all of your syns and what do you use your syns for?

I have hovered around the same weight (within a 3lb range up and down) for the past 3 months. Most of it has been my own fault though. But like you I'm within 1st 4lb of my target.

I know some people at my group who found the last stone or half stone a nightmare to get to. One of my friends changed from eating salads stuffs in the summer to eating more veg instead and lost it straight away :confused:. She had been struggling for 4 months in the same weight range, but as soon as she changed her diet the weight fell off of her. Once she was at target she was struggling to not to drop too low, as she kept losing even when she didn't want to.

Who knows how our bodies work :cool:

You say the only time you wewnt off plan is the little biscuit at M&S's cafe? Does this mean you're not having ANY syns? Or was this the only day you went over 15 syns?

if you're not having any then you should!

Red days are still possible if you're not a big meat eater - think superfree foods and HEx's. It could be the carbs are affecting weightloss so maybe try a 'red' day with only a little meat /chicken or fish for dinner and a LOT less carbs? You can have soup for lunch & omlette or fruit salad with yoghurt for brekkie. Worth a go for a week or so if it's really bothering you?

C xx

You say the only time you wewnt off plan is the little biscuit at M&S's cafe? Does this mean you're not having ANY syns? Or was this the only day you went over 15 syns?

if you're not having any then you should!

Red days are still possible if you're not a big meat eater - think superfree foods and HEx's. It could be the carbs are affecting weightloss so maybe try a 'red' day with only a little meat /chicken or fish for dinner and a LOT less carbs? You can have soup for lunch & omlette or fruit salad with yoghurt for brekkie. Worth a go for a week or so if it's really bothering you?

C xx
Thankyou. yes i am having my syns each day. I will try to cut down mu carbs and see what happens zz

The longest i stayed the same for was 4 weeks in a row.. believe it or not those were the 4 weeks i joined the gym and did two 1.5 hour sessions a week.. and i stayed the same every bloody week. haha. oh how i was gutted! BUT.. for the same amount of lbs iv lost, is the same amount of weeks it took me to get to target. exactly 1lb a week on average. xx

lol, I have STS for 4 bloody years! I am getting so fed up, I keep going though, in he hope that one day i will step on the scales and i will be under 13 stne.

do you go to classes? apparently you can do 'fast forward?' some lady did this and lost 5lb in a week - perhaps this could be an option?

xxxx good luck and dont give up! xxxx

This time round on SW I have STS two weeks in a row and that was my 2nd and 3rd week! Since then I have had a couple STS but not consecutively.
However, the 1st time I targeted I STS or had a tiny loss and then gain for two months. So I decided my body had enough and targeted.
Funny enough this time round I am doing better closer to my target than at the beginning and I wonder if it's because I am not so strict any more. If I go over my syns I don't worry and if I don't have my Hexs I don't give it a second thought.
I don't worry about my weight loss as I did when I re started 6 months ago. I would love to reach my target by the end of the year but if I don't that's ok too. I just don't fret any more and it seems to be coming off quicker.
Good luck Rosie, I think you are doing so well and it will budge,
((hugs)) and positive thoughts to you.

I was loosing and gaining and STS with the same few pounds for weeeeeeeeeks and weeks and was getting frustrated with it and its so much easier to think sod it i will have some cake when that happens lol!

but got my head in the game lately and have had a loss 4 out of the past 5 weeks :) and the one i gained a pound was because i was rather overboard with takeaways and booze that week! it is sooo frustrating but the rut will change eventually! maybe even try reducing syns to say 12 a day instead of 15 to compensate for anywhere you might be going over by not measuring! i know i am bad for just guesstimating sometimes esp with milk and spread!

X

One of our newbies joined a month ago to lose a stone. She's lost 5.5lbs but maintained for the last 3 weeks. Our SWC suggested that she may be at her bodies 'natural' target which is why it's settled, so she's agreed.

I need to be in normal BMI and then I will be happy but thanks for all your encouragement xx

Back