What is the most odd food combo...

stripedsocks said:
I think I'm safe in saying mine is the least odd food combo here ;)

And mushy peas - bleugh!! :eek:

I used to hate mushy peas until 2010 when I started SW. Now I love them!

Not SW friendly but weird enough to be mentioned at most family reunions ..... as a teenager I got peckish one Sunday early evening. We'd had a lush roast earlier so I went minesweeping around the leftovers.
My butty consisted of roast beef, carrot, sliced roast spud + a generous dollop of cherry crumble :D Well, it all gets mixed up anyway!

Hi Jez, I've seen you mention this white cabbage before and I keep meaning to try it, but doesn't it take longer to cook than mushrooms? I'd hate to be tucking into something and get that.. ooh.. crunchy.. sensation :(

Hi Jez, I've seen you mention this white cabbage before and I keep meaning to try it, but doesn't it take longer to cook than mushrooms? I'd hate to be tucking into something and get that.. ooh.. crunchy.. sensation :(

I boil it all first!! I have a massive tupperware dish of it pre-boiled in the fridge. I also must admit that I quite like cabbage, if you aren't a fan then it might not be for you :eek:

I boil it all first!! I have a massive tupperware dish of it pre-boiled in the fridge. I also must admit that I quite like cabbage, if you aren't a fan then it might not be for you :eek:

I'm going to give this a try!

I make a wrap from egg and a bit of water,then put some ham ,grated cheese and hot pepper sauce in it ,roll it up and voila !!!! :)

I love mushy peas with 2tbsp sweet chilli sauce (3syns) and cheese (HEA) stirred in, served with a side of beetroot and topped with houmous!

Also just mushy peas with a big dollop of salad cream :)

Mmmmmm - like the sound of both of them - especially the first one!

Some King Lite crisps, with extra light mayo and grated cheddar... in a sandwich. Mmmmmmm

Back