What is the most positive thing you have gained from losing weight?

Laila

Losing is the ONLY option
Hi All,

It would be really nice to hear what aspects of your life have improved since losing weight. I know that even losing a little weight has allowed me to sleep better and walk without my thighs rubbing lol, so it would be nice to hear from yourselves to get some motivation esp those who have lost stones!!! :)

Ive now lost 2stones and 1/2lb (that half lb sooo counts hehe) and to be honest its just given me a total confidence boost! Im happy to wear dresses out in the sun and not be thinking ohh noo my legs are vileee cause they are starting to slim down... Its also been great to have the last laugh with people who made comments about me being fat/overweight etc even my family who said to me " youve put on weight do you not weigh yourself?" which hurt so much, being able to show off the shrinking me and see their faces was great :D :D

Mine is really really gross, but i thought i would share anyway!

i used to get awful belly button infections as my gut was so huge and sweaty! haven't had one of those in ages as i have lost more of my weight from my belly, so i am very pleased. they were so annoying and PAINFUL!

sorry if TMI!

Mobility and confidence, I was at the point where i couldnt bend over paint toe nails, put trainers or shoes on, Being able to walk into a room of people and not worry that everyone is looking at me thinking size of her. Feels great.

To receive and accept compliments about myself has been lovely but a difficult thing to accept after years of just being mega huge.

To not snore much at night now, tho my HB says he finds that quite disconcerting as at least when I snore he knows i am alive!!! Bless! Wish he would stop snoring!!!!LOL

Being more mobile and able to get out of a chair easier and also to walk without being puffed out...

Life is so much better getting slimmer...

Great idea for a thread btw

Sarah
x

To look good in smaller clothes. At the moment, I'm still in the 'hate the way I look' mode. Cant wait for the 'love the way I look' mode ;)

Losing weight on CD has really helped my ADD. I've suffered from it all my life, and have spent much of that time thinking I wasn't really very good at anything, couldn't complete anything and was seen as being "lazy, crazy or stupid" (the criticisms that are usually thrown at us by those who don't understand!).

I still haven't finished CD (do we ever?! :eek:) but I'm nearly at my target weight and know now that getting there will not be a problem. It's a real achievement for me (bit like passing an exam!) and proof that I can focus on something and take it to completion, without having to resort to drugs or therapy (neither of which I've had whilst I've been on CD).

We all have to retrain our brains after CD, and my brain is a bit more of a challenge than most - but I've still lost three stone!! :D:D

Going out with friends last Saturday to celebrate my birthday and not being the fat one. Getting loads of compliments from work colleagues. Being able to take on a 12 mile walk this Sunday for charity, that is definitely something that I wouldn't have considered for a second at the beginning of this year!! Oh and being able to turn over in bed all in one go, instead of in stages lol :D

The most positive thing Ive gaine is ME

The most positive thing Ive gaine is ME

this is fantastic.forget the belly button grossness, self confidence and a sense of self worth is the mose positive thing i have gained!

Back