what is your fav song?

im just a reggae girl, lol

Ever listen to Bad Brains? They started off as hardcore punk, but switched to reggae after they found rastafarianism. I'm a hardcore boy myself but I've nothing against their other stuff, I've got some on my iPod:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xZur5v3uLJI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xZur5v3uLJI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bnv6E_0cTJ4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bnv6E_0cTJ4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Great thread to take my mind off being hungry. Was given the Lady Ga Ga CD as an early Christmas present this weekend (yes I'm naughty and too nosey to wait to unwrap on the 25th) - think she's brilliant, well I think she's a 'she' ?!

When I found out i was pregnant at 17 my hubby was 18 and our parents were not so happy about it at first. we would sit up in his room and I would be crying about what we were going to do (I didn't know I was pregnant untill I was 6 months gone). We would listen to this track and he would say to me don't worry what everyone else thinks as long as we have each other nothing else matters and it became our song. I went through a horrible time this year and I have the words nothing else matters tattooed on my wrist to remind me.

Listen to the words its a beautiful song.
YouTube - Metallica - Nothing Else Matters

we also love this one its the song that makes us think of each other when we are apart.

YouTube - The Goo Goo Dolls - Iris (acoustic) on iTunes

this song was out when my hubby was away at army basic training for 3 months he sent me a text saying that the song makes me think of you missing you loads blah blah, but he now won't listen to it as he said he was vunerable and that he didn't really mean it which makes me laugh as he is a real mans man so he like everyone to think lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXyQMIexbw4

My hubby is away at the moment and I miss him can you tell lol he isn't back till friday please let the snow stay away till then.

Last edited:
Iris is a fab song its from city of angels which I watched once and it broke my heart I sobbed at the end and vowed never to watch it again lol.

We are renewing our wedding vows this year and both the metallica and Goo Goo dolls will be included

music is very powerful emotion wise for me as it always triggers memories.

When I found out i was pregnant at 17 my hubby was 18 and our parents were not so happy about it at first. we would sit up in his room and I would be crying about what we were going to do (I didn't know I was pregnant untill I was 6 months gone). We would listen to this track and he would say to me don't worry what everyone else thinks as long as we have each other nothing else matters and it became our song. I went through a horrible time this year and I have the words nothing else matters tattooed on my wrist to remind me.

Listen to the words its a beautiful song.
YouTube - Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
Yeah that is a powerful song and one of my favourite Metallica tracks.

it is great and timeless you can play it again and again it never gets old. I do think that their stuff before James hetfield got sober was their best.

Yeah, some of the stuff on Load was cool but other than that I'm not a really a fan of anything after the Black Album. I've heard their new stuff a couple of times when I played Guitar Hero: Metallica and I don't like it much. Shame because I grew up on Metallica, my fave album of theirs is Master Of Puppets...

edit: I'd like to go and see them though, I hope they add some UK dates to their next tour (they've put a couple on in Ireland I see so I'm keeping my fingers crossed), and they've started playing a lot more old stuff.

And they've just announced the 'Big 4 of thrash' on stage together for the first time ever. I hope that comes to the UK: Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax on the same bill, I'd be in teenage-thrash-heaven all over again lol

I only got into it through hubby back in 1995 and was a convert. To be fair my music taste is a bit strange and its the only thing me and hubby agree on.
I was a big drum and bass and jungle freak when we met and I still am when i am on my own in the car lol

Driving rock is my personal fave for a driving CD.

I usually include my following faves:

1. Heart - Alone
2. Whitesnake - Is This Love
3. Simple Minds - Alive and Kicking
4. Allannah Miles - Black Velvet
5. Mr Mister - Broken Wings
6. Queen - Seven Seas of Rhye
7. Boston - More Than A Feeling
8. Blondie - One Way or Another
9. Crowded House - Fall At Your Feet
10. AC DC - Back In Black

Gem xxx

love crowded house fall at your feet
When driving I love a good choice of sing along songs.

Well heres 10 from me. I have only read the last couple so sorry if I am repeating. But this is harder than it looks, so I have just looked up the 10 most played songs on my iphone the last month.

1- Crowded House - Fall At Your Feet ---- I know some have said it but it reminds me of a certain someone at the moment
YouTube - Crowded House Fall At Your Feet Live

2- Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delgiht ---- teehee coz its rude.
YouTube - Starland Vocal Band Afternoon Delight

3- Dr Awkward - Geekqilibrium ---- Pretty much my tune!
YouTube - Geekquilibrium - Dr. Awkward

4- Soko - I'll Kill Her ---- I think this sums up a crazy ex for most people.
YouTube - Soko - I will kill her

5- Rick James - Super Freak ---- I'm not going to say anything ;)
YouTube - Rick James - Super Freak

6- AC/DC - Back In Black ---- Gotta agree with Elvira again. Wikipedia Mike Durrant. Interesting sotry behind this song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXaZmY52gHM

7- Steel Panther - Asian Hooker ---- Parental Advisory
YouTube - Steel Panther - Asian Hooker (FoF)

8- Geoffrey O - Land Of Anaka ---- Fabulously peaceful song
YouTube - Land of Anaka- Geoffrey Oryema

9-Bon Iver - Flume ---- Another chill song
YouTube - Bon Iver - Flume

10- Anything from the Eagles. I love them. Have seen them 3 times now. Preferably On the border, Take It Easy, or Witchy Woman

Back