What is your job?

Wow BG, you brainy thing!!!!!!! xxx

PMSL! Why am i stressing over needing a 2.2 then?

To be honest with you i'm bloody great at coursework and awful at exams! Always get firsts in my CW, but 3rds/2.2s in my exams!!

I would love to be a Midwife NurseBex, it is my dream job :D xxx

Aww are you going to train? Best of luck if you do, its the best job in the world ;)

I thought it was my dream job too, until I qualified :( I had to fight to get a band 6 as I was stuck at a band 5 just over 2 years which is pretty pants.

Not being able to provide care to and enable women like you've been trained to and want to practice is soul polluting to say the least. This is one of the many reasons why I'm leaving the profession and going on the bank and training to be a nurse.

BlueGrapefruit, what are you hoping for today? Really hope you get the classification you are hoping for!

I was also going to start med school, but found out I was pregnant so had to withdraw but I trained as a midwife instead!

I work for the MOD in the civil service (recently gone part time) and also doing a degree through the OU in Business Management.

I would like to eventually have my own business of event co-ordination, but as we move around a lot with my hubby being in the armed forces it will be hard until we are settled.

Ah BG, I am sure you are going to do perfectly. If you do well in coursework and less so in exams then the average should be what you are looking for eh :)

Bex - I would love to and it is definitely something that I will look in to. I have done an Access To Healthcare course with the intention of then going on to do Midwifery but during that time I started doing what I am doing now and I do love this so, who knows eh!

I know what you mean about the soul polluting part of it, I have many friends who are midwvies or trainee midwives and they all say the same :( It saddens me! We are lucky where I am as there is a new Midwife lead unit which by all accounts has made an amazing difference to the birthing procedure for many, many women! A friend of mine gave birth there last week, it was her fourth child (first at the new unit) and she couldn't sing it's praises enough! I am sure that there are still restrictions in place there for the Midwives etc but she said it was nearon a perfect birthing experience :) xxx

Hahaha! Maybe we should do a survey of the "fattest occupation" or "Occupation most likely to attract CDers!" hehe.

I would LOVE a 2.1 but I accepted a long time ago that it isn't going to happen xxxx

Ah BG, I am sure you are going to do perfectly. If you do well in coursework and less so in exams then the average should be what you are looking for eh :)

Good point - but coursework is only worth 20% xxx

I dunno what time. Moved house yesterday and internet went VERY wrong, so sitting in my mothers in my PJs with the lappy refreshing the page every 5 mins. SAD!!

I will tell you xxx

I can't work properly due to illness, but I write odds and sods for people and contribute to a mental health magazine.

I dunno what time. Moved house yesterday and internet went VERY wrong, so sitting in my mothers in my PJs with the lappy refreshing the page every 5 mins. SAD!!

I will tell you xxx

Aaww good luck then BG! I can't wait to hear, have everything crossed for you! :D

do you like water? how about marine science work? You could do some volunteer work to see if any of it appeals. Not well paid of course but neither is teaching.
Thought about marine science. Looked into it a lot and it seems that in this LOVELY wet country the coast of wales or travelling are the only options. Im a right little family bird and can't leave!

Alternatively, whatever you end up doing (and if it is teaching you will have loads of holiday time), you could find work with animals during your down time. Unless you are a vet in a zoo or something, you would spend most of your time neutering cats and dogs anyway.

Ultimate dream job is working at longleat. I just reckon i deserve to have a zoo at home. Got a loooooooong lists of pets i want :D

Thought about marine science. Looked into it a lot and it seems that in this LOVELY wet country the coast of wales or travelling are the only options. Im a right little family bird and can't leave!

Ultimate dream job is working at longleat. I just reckon i deserve to have a zoo at home. Got a loooooooong lists of pets i want :D

My husband would LOVE to work at Longleat :D xx

Hey Good Luck Blue Grapefruit. Hope you get the results you're looking for. No surprises here. I'm a tiara maker....self employed. I have a Marketing Degree but I wanted to do something from home so I could be there for my daughter. I also work at the local school 2 afternoons a week running the Learning Club. That's made me think I'd quite like to be a teacher too...primary school though.

I'm a client facing software engineer. Not as important as it sounds ;)

Oh go you, I only graduated last July so I can distinctly remember the nerves when I was waiting for my results. I am sure you will do fine, but you must let us know what you get!!!!

You should go into genetics or something similar, I always wanted to be a virologist, so how I ended up being a software engineer I don't know?????

I teach children with special needs. I should be there now but got called by the nursery - my son fell off a trampoline and knocked his tooth - he's alright though...just keeping a close eye.
I love teaching but hate the work that goes with it. Don't be fooled by the holidays - I work most evenings until 11 - making resources, assessing, planning etc. The holidays are taken up going into school to get my classroom arranged and sorted,taking children to Eisteddfods (Welsh cultural event) shopping for school resources (with my own money) and more planning. People seem to think it is an easy ride, but it is totally stressful.
If I had to do it all again, despite the fact I adore my class and the actual teaching, I would chose another career.
Ceri.

taking children to Eisteddfods (Welsh cultural event)

Ah, ond Eisteddfod! Mae'r 'steddfod yn werth y stress :)

I'm a nurse too.............hmmmmmm I would never say 'become a nurse!' I really wanna do something else wih my life I'm so bored. Will do something eventually x

What do I fancy doing? Well, don't tell anyone (especially KD, Mini, Linda, Bev, Sharon, Georgie) but i get my results today. Depending on my average mark i will get in to Secondary Science teacher training.

I first applied for medicine, but my sister (consultant) put me off.

Honeslty? I wanna be a vet, but can't afford 5 years in uni!!

Have you looked at St Georges? I know they do a medical degree that works along the lines of an apprentiship where you are in a surgery form the start, I wanted to do it but couldn't afford it, they may do something similar with veterinary science. I also found out that most of the armed services will pay for you to qualify for medicine and vet stuff and dont necessarily make you stay afterwards, I know the navy do but possibly the army would for a vet..

Back