What Is Your Main Limitation Of Being 'Fat'

Konvictz

for me id say confidence has taken a slight knock. no longer can i wear tight t shirts and look good lol...

and general life...i.e. i get tired to easily by carrying all this extra weight.

ah yes women, thats intresting.

i did notice i got more attention when i was younger and fitter...

but not too bothered about random girls eying me up anymore, coz i someone im progressing with right now.

although when i do my hair nicely and stuf and wear the right cloths, some girls take a second look...but im not looking, it would be cheating...

Can't wear the clothes I'd like to wear, and can't take my son swimming - well I could of course, but I'd feel extremely self conscious!

My main thing though, is that I don't have the confidence going into work/social situations that I'd like to.

Going shopping. I cant just walk into a shop and be able to buy something. I have to go to certain shops and look at the back of all the rails. :(

Currently the main limitation is that there are some activities I would like to do that my body just can't handle yet, or that it would be really hard on my body to do - like Free Running, Pole Dancing, Capoeira, Swing Dancing, Rock Climbing.... I am working my way down tough and these WILL get added in.

Going shopping. I cant just walk into a shop and be able to buy something. I have to go to certain shops and look at the back of all the rails. :(

Totally know what you mean! It's like a treasure hunt sometimes trying to find the bigger sizes. I just keep thinking of how good it's going to feel walking into all the shops I pass at the moment, and walking in and picking up a "normal" size off the rails. :D

I know I just want to be able to walk into topshop, grab a few size 12 / 14 things and only not buy them due to money restrictions or because they don't look right. NOT because I can't get the zip done up.

mates are going clubbing on friday for an Ibiza special night and guess what the dress code is? Swimwear.......

I'm not going

Main thing I suppose is feeling crap about myself. Feeling that weight knocks confidence?

Lack of interest from members of the opposite sex (linked to confidence above!)

Feeling hot and knackered all the time, feet killing me! lol

Main thing I suppose is feeling crap about myself. Feeling that weight knocks confidence?

Lack of interest from members of the opposite sex (linked to confidence above!

That's exactly how I feel! It has a bit of a domino effect for me I guess: I don't feel too happy with how I look, so I don't put in the effort to put on any makeup or do my hair, then I feel worse about myself at the end of the night because I don't get a lot of attention.

Shopping is a big thing too, I'd really like to be able to find clothes a lot more easily, without worrying about covering up this or that, and trying to work crazy optical illusions to make this bit look smaller, or draw attention away from things...

For me it's the clothes thing too - I hate it when i see something I like but it just looks awful on me because of my size. Also, the health problems - sore joints, sore feet, getting out of breath so easily : (

For me it's not being able to wear the close that I want... whether on a day to day basis or to look fantastic on a night out (like my friends). That has a knock on effect on my confidence and self-esteem.

can't just strip off into my bikini like my friends and just decide to go swimming, just the clothes really i would like to wear less in summer ;) but my thighs say NO NO NO!!!!

can't just strip off into my bikini like my friends and just decide to go swimming, just the clothes really i would like to wear less in summer ;) but my thighs say NO NO NO!!!!

yeah i went to the beach the first time 1 week ago...and boy i needed a body to walk around topless...

im going on a fat burning/cutting diet and exercise regime after september...still got my packs, just hidden by the faaat...

Clothes - I am sooo vain :)

I hate having my photo taken at this weight too. Which is stupid cos one of my favourite photos of me was taken when I was a LOT heavier than I am now...strange!

I fantasise about being able to run fast/lift weights/do the splits as well. Not that I could do the first two when I was thinner but hey ho!

I just wrote an short rant over at my blog (in my sig) about photos and when you take them yourself you look okay but then you see other people's photos of you and realise you don't look thinner.

The limitation of having to buy 'what fits' as opposed to what 'I like.' Also, living in a hot country it's beach beach beach for more than half of the year, and there's nothing worse than sitting under the umbrella like a dumpling just because you can't bear anyone seeing you stand up and walk around. (Mind you having a toddler pretty much solved that one, like it or not!!!)

For me it's mainly the clothes, i WANT TOPMAN not F'in sainsburys own!

Back