What is your motivation?

1) Fitness. Up until I finished uni I'd always been a member of some sort of sports team, and while I always thought I had a couple of extra lbs to use, I was physically fit and loved being able to push my body to the limits. I'm just not capable of doing the sort of things I could do before, and it's so frustrating.

2) Self-confidence. I just don't feel like the same person any more. I want to get into my old clothes again, I want to run into old friends without feeling embarrassed, and I want to feel like my boyfriend can be proud to have me as a girlfriend.

Since getting pregnant with my little boy I officially became an obesity statistic which really cheesed me off ( I guess I always been one I suppose but never had problems with my health that needed medical attention) It started during the pregnancy with the extra tests due to my weight. Then in labour there were complications leading to emergency c section. And after birth I now have gallstones and liver problems. Its the kick up the backside I needed.
So I'm doing it
For my health
For my son
For any future baby (I'd love another)
And of course who wouldn't want to walk into those beautiful clothing shops and pick anything up off the rack.
Good luck everyone x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

for me its

Wedding in June want my H2 B to cry when he sees me in my dress
Don't want to be fat and forty in September
Vanity - want to be proud of what I see in the mirror
Want to be able to go shopping for clothes and come home with arms full of bags of gorgeous clothes not coming home depressed cos I feel like I don't look nice in anything

Simples :)

I'm starting a nursing degree in september and I want a size 10/12 uniform.

I want to buy clothes from this shop in town which only stocks up to a size 12.

I want people who I meet for the first time to never know that I was fat!

Good luck everyone :)

my motivation is that Im going to be mother of the groom april 7th 2011 and also mother of the bride aug 18th 2011 so would like to lose 2 stone before I even consider looking for outfits also off 2 portugal in july would like to lose at least a stone by then my ideal weight loss for july would be 1st 7lb

My main reason is my little girl. I put on a lot of weight during pregnancy and now my little girl is 1 and i want to be able to run around the park after her, i don't want to be the frump huffing and puffing trying to play with her, or the one sat out on the side because i can't join in. The other reason is self confidence. I lost all my confidence when i gave birth and it hasn't returned yet. They are the two main reasons but there are others.

The main reason I am doing SW is to try and make my eating habits as close to 'normal' as possible so as to try and gain some control over the issues I have with food. I am getting there gradually.
I would also like to feel healthy within my own skin.

Thought of another one!!
I want to ride pillion on hubbys bike, but don't want to look like a fat chick in bondage gear in my leathers! I also want to get my own bike licence but don't feel confident enough right now. xx

I joined SW last year because I didn't want to be fat in my forties, and fell off that wagon!

I recently met up with my older sister after 19 years and she has four daughters, we all look similar facially except my head is a balloon!
So looking at photos of us motivates me!

I was really slim until I had my daughter 19 years ago and put on 4 stone and then kept putting on.
I was never happy, even at 9 stone I felt fat, (I'm 5ft 8"). never liked fashionable clothes either!
But when I got to 30 I finally felt 'right' like I was the age I have always been in my head!
I realise that I still feel awkward because of my weight, I feel judged by others, I'm unfit.
Also I had a hysterectomy last year, I feel great without the monthly misery and I want to look as good as I feel!

I have yet another - i have seen 'the ultimate coat' in Joe Browns which i want - but want to get a size 12 not tent sized! (the photo is my avatar! lush or wot?! lol)

It's such a gorgeous coat, I've been eyeing it up for some time now, and am hoping that I can save for it and stop blowing all my cash in primark, lol

My mini motivation is my best friends wedding in Cyprus in June, it would be nice to have lost a stone by that point so that I feel more comfortable.

My main motivation is my health, I had high blood pressure prior to my first time on sw in 2009 and it scared me. Since putting 2 stone back on my blood pressure is again creeping up therefore I need to get back in to gear!

Also I am a bridesmaid for my sister in summer 2012. It is a while away but her best friend is tiny and I didnt want to feel like a whale next to her or look a frump in the piccys.

Well, I'm going to get laughed at but here's my inspiration anyway!

My inspiration in all aspects of life is a man called Steve Harris, he is the bass player and founding member of the most famous heavy metal band in the world... Of course, I'm talking about Iron Maiden!

Apart from being an outstanding musician, writing beautiful music and lyrics that can bring me to tears; he is a wonderful and sensetive human being. He's pretty damn sexy too! I'd still love him if was ugly, but it doesn't hurt. (And we both suffer from Nichtophobia lol)

I'm going to see them in August, and if he looked at me and threw me a smile, it would be fantastic! But having that happen knowing I looked good? That would be the high point of 18 years of living.

He's the reason I practice my bass... Why shouldn't he be the reason I lose weight?

My original motivation was to lose weight for my wedding back in April 2009. I did it and was over the moon when I got my wedding dress taken in loads :)
Nowadays what keeps me motivated is just how I am feeling, I feel so much better about myself and look at old pics and just think yuck there is no going back to that size.

Also every now and then I put on an old pair of big trousers to show how big I used to be and how they are hanging off me :)
xxx

Mine is mainly vanity I want to feel sexy(I'm 21!- I'm meant to look at best), I want to feel good clothes shopping - be in size 10/12, not worry about the shop assistant thinking I need a bigger size! I want to feel confident and KNOW I look good. (I sound so vain lol)

I have noticed my health improve already though, my breathing has improved, oxygen levels, fitness levels, IBS rarely affects me now, regular TOTM's (not my favourite improvement though lol)

ooooh -some of you will know this allready but:-

My motivation all started with my beautiful big sis - I had lost some weight when I last got to see her, she was losing her battle with ovarian cancer and she made me promise to keep going -now I have NEVER made a promise in my life (never would as I wouldn't break one) .... well this is my 1 and only promise. It took me about a year after to get my head in the right place and my ar*e into gear -I joined SW and Im on my way now -9st gone -3st slbs left to go :woohoo: -Im determined to grab life by the throat and go for it!
A couple of weeks ago was my 1year anniversary with SW and to mark it I got this necklace:-
Buy Affirmation Pendant – Take Charge Of Your Life from Pia Jewellery
its my reminder of why I started doing this ;)
I have also signed up to do the "women for women" charity trek in Nepal next year (link in my signature if anyone is interested) in honour of my sis -I intend to reach the highest point and sit there and be able to shout to sis that "I made it - up the mountains and to my goal"

On top of that there are many other motivations -to pick clothes because I like them -not just because they fit..
I want to be happy to go anywhere at a moments notice, I want to feel like I just blend in, I don't want to be the token "large marge" where ever I go.... and I want to live a long n happy life with my amazing hubby
right I will shut up now :p
have a lovely evening all

A baby! I wanted to be at a healthier weight before starting to try :)

Back