What is your motivation?

i want to look amazing in that bikini in July when i go on holiday to bulgaria! ive seen the one i want and i keep looking at pics of it and wishing!

i also want to stop freaking out when ever my BF touches my stomach! :eek:

My motivation, is more of an inspiration/dedication really. I've lost a lot of people very close and dear to me in the past 12-18 months. A terrible run.

Tragically my best mate has succumbed to cancer, cruelly the day after I reached target.

My motivation is to make them all proud and give myself the chance of a long and full life they were denied. Not meaning that to sound so morbid, but no cheerful way of putting it down.

R.I.P Dave mate.

I have a couple of things that motivate me.

1 - my mates wedding in September. She has lost 3st with SW and is hoping to lose another 2st before her wedding - I want to look good in the photos for a change.

2 - Me - I don't want to be this size anymore. I want to be a slim 12/14 who feels good in her clothes.

3 - My kids - my children are all getting older and I don't want to embarass them when I visit DS1 at uni next year.

4 - Maybe another baby - but I need to be fitt enough to cope with pregnancy at nearly 40.

5 - Finally, I turn 40 next year and I refuse to be fat and 40.

I just want to wear clothes I actually like, not just things that will fit me, only clothes I buy now are from jumble sales boot sales or charity shops, I dont feel I deserve to waste money on decent clothes when I know I will look awful anyway.

I know what you are saying hun. I had to double check that it wasn't me that wrote that. I have stopped hoarding clothes that once fit me now though and that feels much better. But I'm still and Ebay fiend. It'd be lovely to see something in a normal shop and just buy it.:eek:

Like IanH mine is also vanity. I am not terribly photogenic anyway but hate having my photo taken or being around people taking photos...and I genuinely mean bordering on phobic. This was compounded recently when I went to a work colleague's wedding and when one of my other colleagues posted the photos she'd taken of the day on Facebook - she'd cropped me out of all of them. (I don't use facebook but a friend was showing me.) It just confirmed what I thought people think of me.

You know what? I'll show them.:asskick:

Last edited:
My motivation, is more of an inspiration/dedication really. I've lost a lot of people very close and dear to me in the past 12-18 months. A terrible run.

Tragically my best mate has succumbed to cancer, cruelly the day after I reached target.

My motivation is to make them all proud and give myself the chance of a long and full life they were denied. Not meaning that to sound so morbid, but no cheerful way of putting it down.

R.I.P Dave mate.

What a great tribute to them all too :happy096:

Mine is very similar -I wanted to stop sitting on the sidelines watching the world go by. Now I intend to live it to the full as my lovely sister never got the chance, so now I have to experience enough for the both of us -and the other family members we have lost.

Im sure you have made them all very proud!!

Firstly for vanity reasons - in my adult life I have never been below 11 stone/size 14 so want to get below that and be happy with what I see in the mirror
Second - to keep up with my 3 kids who at the minute can run circles around me
But mainly - I have always been an emotional eater, I hide behind food instead of facing issues however after a hard few years I am now feeling like I am putting my demons to rest & accepting/embracing the future, so losing weight would confirm that I am actually doing this!

Sorry for going on & hope that made sense???

Capricorn, 9 stone in a year I am gobsmacked what an amazing achievement, you are an inspiration and your sister must be very proud watching over you.

Mine is to be able to look in the mirror and like what I see rather than feel disgust at myself for allowing myself to become like this, I would also like to be able to live a life where I am not on a diet or building up to one (eating everything I can in preparation!!) but actually just making better food choices as a way of life with no big thought process involved.

I want to beat my husband! We're both doing sw and he's winning.....which is driving me insane!
I also want to find clothes shopping pleasurable again and not a depressing chore!

Hi everyone, I only started slimming world on Tuesday, but my main reasons are health, in the last 8 months I have been diagnosed with:

Hiatus Hernia
Diabetes
High Blood pressure
High Cholesterol
and I also have osteoarthritis in my knee after many operations on it.

Hence I am falling to bits and want to try and reverse or at least put a halt to any of these getting worse, I don't want to end up like my dad who has lost both his legs due to diabetes.

Also I want to look and feel good about myself, which I haven't done for a long time.

What a great thread, and this site is brilliant, really motivational

Julie x

Since having a c-section in 2008 I've had problems with my back aching - a LOT and am hoping losing the weight will help with it. Also i have arthritis & hope it will help with that too!

Rayven said:
Since having a c-section in 2008 I've had problems with my back aching - a LOT and am hoping losing the weight will help with it. Also i have arthritis & hope it will help with that too!

I to had a c-section in 2008 and like you my back is just awful, pain daily! So joining SW will hopefully shift the pounds and sort out my back!

Back