what is your one ambition when at target that isnt about your body..

Everybody is saying they want confidence - myself included. What happens if when we get to target, we look in the mirror and think we're still fat? And still have no confidence?

I think if that happens to me, I will eat myself into oblivion lol

Everybody is saying they want confidence - myself included. What happens if when we get to target, we look in the mirror and think we're still fat? And still have no confidence?

Well I did get to target.
And I agree that what your mind sees when you look in the mirror doesn't necessarily agree with what other people see - so it's not automatic that losing the weight will give you the confidence.

But I have to say that, having put some of my weight back on, I'm a lot less confident now than I was starting to be, at target.
And I want to get back to where I was getting all of the compliments!

So, even if confidence doesn't come automatically with weight loss, there is a confidence-increasing effect from what others see.
And there's CERTAINLY a confidence-reducing effect from putting weight on.

So let's see what we can do, shall we?

I think if that happens to me, I will eat myself into oblivion lol

Completley agree with this. Im almost at my target however i dont feel how i expetced to feel if you see what i mean?

I made a start by clearing out my wardrobe at the weekend and got rid of all the clothes that dont really fit. I dont think it helped by still wearing some of them, even though they were bigger I still looked in the mirror and saw the old me.

I think i need to get some new clothes and let my brain catch up with my body and start believing!

I want some self-confidence.
To be able to go out and get a life that I choose.
You can have some of mine!

Apparently I have too much, yet don't see it myself.

I am thinking about doing the Great North Run in my 50th year:eek:. I will only do it if I can run the whole 13 miles though. Never been a runner, but it's a symbolic thing.

What with me being The Angel of The North, I should be able to fly around the course, right Shirleen?;)

It means sometime in the next 3 year taking up jogging/running. - Best stick with the flying:eek:

The secret with confidence is in the first three letters....it's a CON!
Apparently I'm a confident person (tell that to my knees when they're knocking), I do public speaking even though I hate the way I look and sound, because I feel the same fear you do (general 'you') but I do it anyway, no-one gets a medal sitting on their laurels!
Most things I enjoy but some things I don't so I don't do it! I won't lead an entire church service because I get muddled.

My one 'thing' I find very very hard is phoning people!

Shirleen said:
The secret with confidence is in the first three letters....it's a CON!
Apparently I'm a confident person (tell that to my knees when they're knocking), I do public speaking even though I hate the way I look and sound, because I feel the same fear you do (general 'you') but I do it anyway, no-one gets a medal sitting on their laurels!
Most things I enjoy but some things I don't so I don't do it! I won't lead an entire church service because I get muddled.

My one 'thing' I find very very hard is phoning people!

This is what I feel like, everyone tells me Im confident but I dont feel that way at all!!

The key to confidence is knowing when to blag it. Most confident people are playing the part anyway, we all have areas in which we are more confident and for me when I get those moments when I feel my lack of confidence will overwhelm me I just remember everyone blaggs it at some point or other and so can I if its important enough to me.

Self-confidence is a myth. Everyone is faking it - it's just that some of us are better at it than others.

EVeryone says that I am a great public speaker. Actually, I am pretty good. But I am still dreadfully nervous beforehand. I just don't let on!

AnnaFaraday said:
Self-confidence is a myth. Everyone is faking it - it's just that some of us are better at it than others.

EVeryone says that I am a great public speaker. Actually, I am pretty good. But I am still dreadfully nervous beforehand. I just don't let on!

Exactly! One preacher I know reckons that's why old fashioned pulpits were full length to hide the knees!!!

When I said I wanted more confidence in my preaching I meant to feel mire comfortable being the focus of attention, having people look at me!

This might sound mad but i work in a secondary school and when i tell a student off it would be nice for them to just call me a b***h and not a fat b***h.

does that make sense.

I want to get back into scuba diving - I've held a PADI open diver licence for about 15 years but haven't been diving for at least 8 of them, there's no way I'd fit into a wet suit! Can't wait for the time when I can book a nice holiday somewhere hot and go off exploring under water again! :)

Sorry - that is sort of about my body lol!

This might sound mad but i work in a secondary school and when i tell a student off it would be nice for them to just call me a b***h and not a fat b***h.

does that make sense.

I remember that, secondary science here.

They now yell that I'm a skinny ***** though it does shock them when I reposnd with "Really?!?! *huge beaming grin* Thanks!"

If I get to the target I've put in the back of my head, I'd like to do a parachute jump. I always thought it would be amazing to do, but I've never been light enough to do one.

speccyblue said:
Target by the end of the year - to be more confident in my new job.

I'm a supervisor but have realised that I don't like giving orders just in case I upset someone. I might go on a confidence course, I feel that might help.

im a supervisor and before i started the job 5years ago i wouldn't have said boo to a goose, Im firm but fair , i know its harsh but sometimes you have to be a bit mean as you may get it in the neck for other people and they may not care about you. think this is my critical side coming out , a confidence course may help you with strategies, good luck :)

In my head getting to target means so much will change!! We will see though. I want to complete a half marathon, feel fab about my size on wedding day (July 28th 2012), feel confident about who I am etc.

Back