What is YOUR reason for doing this diet?

Lol thats amusing. I guess I feel the same though lol x

I want to get pregnant. After two years of trying to conceive I hope that losing the weight will mean I will fall naturally - and if not then I want to be under a BMI of 30 so that we can have IVF. I am stopping us having a family by being fat and I feel very very guilty that my husband is not a daddy because of my issues.

I don't want to be the fattest friend anymore.

I don't want to be told I have a "pretty face" because no one can think of any other compliments

I want to buy clothes in shops that don't have a plus size range

I want to get on a plane and not worry that the seatbelt won't do up

I want to wear a bikini for the first time ever on holiday next May

I want to be taken more seriously. Did you know that some research shows that people think the fatter you are the more stupid you are?

I want to go to weddings and functions with my husband and not worry that I am letting him down

I want to weigh less than he does!

I could go on and on and on...

- Because I've been overweight since I was 14
- Because I want to feel attractive
- Because if I couple body confidence with my general overall confidence I feel like I will be able to attain anything I want
- Because this has been the one thing that I feel like I've never conquered and this I'm going to do it!

I also want to be able to get my wedding and engagement rings back on the right fingers! I only have a stone to go though and still can't get them back on!!

OMG I'm sitting here nodding agreement at everybody's posts, and feeling a little tearful at a few that touch the raw nerves:

I don't want to always be told how nice my hair looks... I want to be told how nice my a**e looks from time to time too - by my OH I should add :D

I want to go out in the first thing I fancy, not spend hours hunting out the clothes I think make me look slimmest

I don't want to be paranoid that whoever gets the seat next to me on the plane is groaning inside at the prospect of sharing an armrest

I want to go to the sales and know that I'll always find something in my size, and if I don't, to not feel embarrassed about asking the assistant to check for me

I want to relax in a scented bubblebath and have the water flow all round me

I want to go shopping on a hot day and know my feet won't ache like crazy and look like rugby balls by the time I get home

I want to go to my OH's cricket club ball in November and have his team mates who I have yet to meet think 'Wow, how did he pull her' rather than wonder if I'm the best he can get

Oh yes, and I agree with Laurenrosalind on the all night sesh ;)

I want to get to my goal weight cos, 14 years ago, when I was 19 stone, my OH had to cut my wedding ring off with a hacksaw cos my finger was turning blue (!!). I still wear the ring but it has a big gap at the back and is rather mis-shapen! I've promised myself and my OH that, when I get to my ideal weight, I'll have it repaired, have the ring blessed and we'll renew our wedding vows somewhere romantic and idyllic. Its been a long wait but its getting closer - hope I can do it one day. xxxx

I want to get to my goal weight cos, 14 years ago, when I was 19 stone, my OH had to cut my wedding ring off with a hacksaw cos my finger was turning blue (!!). I still wear the ring but it has a big gap at the back and is rather mis-shapen! I've promised myself and my OH that, when I get to my ideal weight, I'll have it repaired, have the ring blessed and we'll renew our wedding vows somewhere romantic and idyllic. Its been a long wait but its getting closer - hope I can do it one day. xxxx
What a lovely goal..wish you well xxx

Thanks Contrary! It'd be a dream come true!!!! xxx

I am doing this diet because

I want to be able to buy clothes I like rather than clothes that fit

I don't want to be the token fat one out of all my friends on a night out

My son said my legs wobbled :0( (haha)

I want to feel good and know that people around me are looking at me because I look good rather than pitying me for being over weight

I want to make my OH proud to have me

I just want to feel like me again...

WOah that was harder than I thought!

Back