what made you decide to lose the weight?

Elena

Hello guys! Im new to CD and this is my first post (have been lurking for a while though!:p)
I was just wondering what the last straw moment was for you guys?

After all the cringe inducing incidents all it took was a mild comment from an elderly relative of mine!

My little boy starts school in September and I didn't want to be the fattest mum in the playground!

Well 2 reasons for me, First is my hubby and I want to have a baby.. i suffered a miscarriage back in January and have decided now that I want to shift 6 stones to try and have the best chance of successfully going to term. Second is I turn 30 in October and feel that I deserve a new me. I would also love to wear a sexy red dress on my b'day :D

im with shiny there on the school one well playschool!! ive always wanted to lose weight for the past few yrs and now i finally think im going to do it :) another thing that made me really say i have to do it was when going on holiday and i had to get extension belt for plane was mortified :(for my health aswell high bp was starting to creep in. not anymore :D

Seeing pictures of myself in my underwear and really seeing myself how I was, reality check moment!

Gxx

We have a house in Spain so go there often. The last time we went I just managed to fasten my seat belt!!!!
I had decided to start this diet when we got home anyway but that made me really determind!! x

Someone took a picture of me at my work christmas party and posted it on a public work forum. I was so embarressed at how fat I looked that I decided I wouldn't look like that next christmas.

Silly really, I mean my colleagues see me everyday, they wouldn't have seen anything different in the picture than they do when they looked at me, but I've been in denial for so long that it really shocked me to see.

That and my unsubtle 5 year old neice telling me that I was the fattest person she knew!

Gotta love kids eh?

Dee x

I booked my hoilday and that was my inspiration,although im sick to death of wearing tracksuit bottoms and covering myself up even in the nice weather,going around sweating all the time for no reason other than that im WAY too big,haveing no energy with the kids and nevergoing out any where because of my size,so thats my reasons along with another million that i wont go into,
elaine x

not to be known as the big girl anymore and my size 18s were getting tight! So thought dont wanna be a size 20 again (was a size 22 few years ago due to my ex being a feeder and controlling) x

Someone took a picture of me at my work christmas party and posted it on a public work forum. I was so embarressed at how fat I looked that I decided I wouldn't look like that next christmas.

Silly really, I mean my colleagues see me everyday, they wouldn't have seen anything different in the picture than they do when they looked at me, but I've been in denial for so long that it really shocked me to see.

That and my unsubtle 5 year old neice telling me that I was the fattest person she knew!

Gotta love kids eh?

Dee x

awww kids exactly bet she thinks you look gorgeous now

I did'nt really have a light bulb moment. I was surfing another website and a lady on one of the post stated she had lost 5 stone in 10 wks:eek:. My first thought was NO WAY liar,liar. But she was kind enough to provide a link to this site and I was gobsmacked at the before and after pictures:D. So I'm jumping on the band wagon and having a go myself;). I want to go to Florida in January, and would be so pleased if i did'nt have to ask for a belt extension. Maureen4200040

awww kids exactly bet she thinks you look gorgeous now

She hasn't seen me yet, they've been in australia for a few months. It's gonna be a bit of a shock, I haven't told them I'm on a diet. My sister is one of those naturally thin people who can eat what she likes. Can't wait to see them, but I hope to lose a bit more first :rolleyes:

Dee x

Oh I forgot, there was a memorable moment last year on my friends hen (also just about got in the airplane)

We were in Portugal - 15 of us with Miss World banners i.e Miss Essex etc. ALL of my friends are slim - skinny - seriously I am the token big girl :eek: !!!

Anyway walking down the main strip in town, I was walking slightly ahead with one friend and one of the bar guys start to hassle us. I told him we had another bar in mind and said no - he would not take no for an answer (15 drunk girls in similar sashes = mucho euros!) He then started to insult me at the top of his lungs, "Just bcause you are biggie fatty you tell me no" etc. He carried on screaming till well after I had walked past him. I didnt ever mention it again and neither did any of my friends.:cry::cry:

Mind you, that still didnt stop me eating, my relative just said to me on my 30th. "darling, dont you want to lose weight?" and that was my final straw!:rolleyes:

I had a few of reasons, main one being that I'm getting married next August! :cupid:

Also, recently...

My 6 year old niece asked me if she could help me look after my baby when it was born -- only I'm not pregnant :ashamed0005:

My dad said he was worried about my health and would be so happy to see me back at the weight I was about 8 years ago (11st) -- bless.

She hasn't seen me yet, they've been in australia for a few months. It's gonna be a bit of a shock, I haven't told them I'm on a diet. My sister is one of those naturally thin people who can eat what she likes. Can't wait to see them, but I hope to lose a bit more first :rolleyes:

Dee x

ohhh hate those people my bf is one of those as we speak eating chips erghhh!!! They are gonna be shocked when they see you. well done :)

Oh I forgot, there was a memorable moment last year on my friends hen (also just about got in the airplane)

We were in Portugal - 15 of us with Miss World banners i.e Miss Essex etc. ALL of my friends are slim - skinny - seriously I am the token big girl :eek: !!!

Anyway walking down the main strip in town, I was walking slightly ahead with one friend and one of the bar guys start to hassle us. I told him we had another bar in mind and said no - he would not take no for an answer (15 drunk girls in similar sashes = mucho euros!) He then started to insult me at the top of his lungs, "Just bcause you are biggie fatty you tell me no" etc. He carried on screaming till well after I had walked past him. I didnt ever mention it again and neither did any of my friends.:cry::cry:

Mind you, that still didnt stop me eating, my relative just said to me on my 30th. "darling, dont you want to lose weight?" and that was my final straw!:rolleyes:
aww that sounds terrible, i hate it when those people come up to you and hassle you into places and saying that and shoutin thats just pure mean some people are so annoying scumbag

Totally paranoid with my body. I won't even go out on a hot summers day without my coat on, if I do take it off then I make sure I wear a baggy top to hide my body :( Just mega unhappy with myself. I overate in my first 3 pregnancies which is why I am what I am now :(

Ahh thats sweet Becky! To be quite honest the weight never bothered me as much as the lack of nice clothing did!

Mind you the portugal thing was just nasty - viscious man:mad:!

I'm getting married in August and don't want to hate my wedding photos as they'll be around for life!! My friend's little sister has asked me several times if I'm pregnant too and I'm not so that's the motivation!!

No huge lightbulb moment for me either...this has been brewing for a while. Its taken me almost a year to get round to actually starting CD, after putting off for a variety of reasons.
I just know i'd become increasingly embarassed about my size. Hated seeing photos of myself that told the truth about how big i'd really got (because in my head i never saw myself as THAT big even though i knew i was iykwim?) Hated the whole process of buying clothes. So many things built up.
I just woke up one day & thought enough's enough. There's no point belly-aching to yourself about it & still continuing to shovel food into your gob. I just felt "right" about it & that now was my time.
So far so good!

Hated seeing photos of myself that told the truth about how big i'd really got (because in my head i never saw myself as THAT big even though i knew i was iykwim?)

Know exactly how what you mean - I was just in complete denial that I was 4-5 stone overweight - in my eyes just a bit bigger than I used to be. Till I caught a glimpse of myself in a shop window and actually didn't recognise myself. Even now I look at my "before" picture and can't believe it's me

Carol x

Back