what made you decide to lose the weight?

For me, I just could not stop eating, even when I ate I was still hungry since my wedding in August. I gained a stone since then and watched how suddenly i was buying an 18 and when friends too some pics of me, I realised that I looked bloated and busty! Actually will put up a pic of what made me say "Enough is enough". I roll out of bed I lost the ablity to move quickly, I started to roll myself up and off.

I am off to Australia in Dec and I thought to myself, do I want another holiday hiding behind crappy big clothes (the bigger you get the worse the clothes get - not sure if I am the only one to feel this) and begging friends, "Please don't take pictures of me" recently friends have added pictures of me on facebook and I look horrid, this means all the people that knew me as slim (will add a picture of the slim me) now see that I look fat and bloated.

I let myself go and I grew ashamed of myself and the more I hid and ate the more I realised I was making it worse for myself in the end.

So now, I want to be the person I use to be, I could run, dance have fun, no more food obsessed, secret binges and declining invites to go out as I wont fit into nice clothes and feel everyone will look and say "God she has got bigger again"

My wee boy came home from school upset coz one of his school friends told him that his mummy was fat - i was so annoyed i cried. That and also in work, dealt with a member of public who couldn;t remember my name and when rang up asked for the fat woman (male colleague took great delight on passing on that message in front of the whole office (cringe!):mad:

Enough was enough!

recently friends have added pictures of me on facebook and I look horrid, this means all the people that knew me as slim (will add a picture of the slim me) now see that I look fat and bloated.

I let myself go and I grew ashamed of myself and the more I hid and ate the more I realised I was making it worse for myself in the end.

So now, I want to be the person I use to be, I could run, dance have fun, no more food obsessed, secret binges and declining invites to go out as I wont fit into nice clothes and feel everyone will look and say "God she has got bigger again"

Oh my god! Its like you have read this from my diary! :read:

Its amazing how similar people really are - facebook is the devils creation:mad: - I hate the fact that people that knew me years ago are actually amazed that I have changed so much

One friend actually said that I must have got my wires crossed because I could not be the same Elena he went to school with!:sign0007:

fertility issues and grief following miscarriage contributed to ballooning weight and I realised that if I let things continue as they were, I would not be doing myself any favours in either of these areas. Also I have other health conditions that are aggravated by weight and so I generally wanted to improve my quality of life.

I had yo-yo'd on diets for the previous years, and I stumbled upon this diet reading about another person on one of my TTC sites, seeing her losses motivated me to look at CD

just being completely self concious, not wanting to go out with my mates and act my age (20) wanting to be slim for my 21st which is next march, and just thought nows the time, cant be fat forever! being able to wear a bikini on holiday, tight jeans, strapless tops, pretty underwear god the list is endless lol but here i am on day 5 and 12 pounds lighter, well on my way xxx

I was in denial for ages and even knowing how overweight i had allowed myself to become i just couldn't see it. Its my 40th late summer and every year older it gets harder to shift the weight so it had to be now. I have dieted for years but never let myself get this big. A friend was on CD and lost very quickly which was the spur i needed. Getting a stone off in a couple of weeks really made me feel this was a diet that would work. I have other reasons too which most of us have - fattest in the staff room, embarrassing the kids in front of their friends, no energy, low confidence, huge clothing, lovely clothing in small size, getting back to the person i was when i got married (for me and him) and so the list goes on....

Well I'll try and keep this short:

I got more and more depressed over the past few years. I was never skinny but I used to be about 11stone when I was in my early twenties. It went on from there. I was in denial for a good few years but within the last 4 years it got worse and worse.

And here are my reasons:

Starting my dream job promoting young rock bands as off next year
I love Finland and have been there numerous times and always felt good, not judged, just ugly. My best friend has booked a holiday in Finland for October so I can enjoy feeling great being in the place I love the most...
And - I am a bit of an aging rock chick including tatoos and the lot. I want to be able to wear what I want not what I fit into...

I came across CD last year and thankfully my then neighbour who is now my CDC did it and I saw it worked and thought "it's now or never.."

:rolleyes:sorry guys, I said I try and keep it short...

xxx

there was a few things that did it for me one was trying for a baby and told i had to lose weight second was going on a hen weekend and having to dressup and as i was the biggest girl there and all my friends so skinny i felt crap espeaical as the fancy dress outfit didnt fit and had to make my own the third was my little sister had a little boy and i just thought y not me then came the gulit and the light bulb moment when i thought thats it.

and too be honest it was the best thing ive ever did xx

great thread Elena....certainly makes you think.....;)

Debz xx

I was letting my weight control my life, was so depressed i ended up leaving my husband for no particular reason. Once i did that i realised it was my weight that was the problem so i lost the weight, got back with hubby, got pregnant and now im fat again:rolleyes: lol oh well least i know he loves me for me and not my body:D:D

Loosing the weight because I love the feeling of being able to pick what I want to wear out of my wardrobe and not what fits at the moment!

Used to weigh 96 kilos....lost 30 kilos over a number of years very slowly...realised I'd slowly gained 13 last year and decided to loose them..... I did and then only to loose control, also had to go on steriods for an allergic reaction, 7 kilos gained instantly.....lost 4 of these before my holiday in Thailand in march.... got back and couldn't fit into anything in my wardrobe again. I'VE JUST LOST 2 OF THESE!!!!

I've moved state, Perth to Fashionable Melbourne! I also turn 30 at the end of July and finally want to have the body I know I love once and for all!

Bren
X

I will be thin for my birthday!!

Embarrassment really - hated the way I looked, struggling to find clothes to fit and looking crap in them anyway - making excuses to avoid social events - hating the hot weather - not really fitting into fixed cafe tables/chairs - worrying that every twinge was a heart attack about to happen - ...... you get the picture!

One of my main reasons for losing weight is the fact that i used to have hardly any confidence, i though everytime i went out people would be staring at me, and then you get those who shout abuse at you too!

Also not being able to fit in nice clothes and just being so self concious !

Back