What made you decide to lose weight?

I want to loose weight for the following reasons:

I went to Alton Towers 5 years ago and it look 2 burly men to push me in... I then went on to loose 5 1/2 stone but its gone back on and now my bf wishes to go there and I am too scared!

A temp at work had a gastric band fitted in Sept and has lost 5s (even though she still eats like a horse!) she asked me what size i was as she might have clothes that fit me (she is a frumpy 53, I am 27) and she said 'oh I thought you'd be at least a 26!!!!!!!!!' thats a good 2-3 sizes bigger!!!!!!!!!!!

I want my confidence back... and to feel sexy!!

I want to loose weight for the following reasons:

I went to Alton Towers 5 years ago and it look 2 burly men to push me in... I then went on to loose 5 1/2 stone but its gone back on and now my bf wishes to go there and I am too scared!

A temp at work had a gastric band fitted in Sept and has lost 5s (even though she still eats like a horse!) she asked me what size i was as she might have clothes that fit me (she is a frumpy 53, I am 27) and she said 'oh I thought you'd be at least a 26!!!!!!!!!' thats a good 2-3 sizes bigger!!!!!!!!!!!

I want my confidence back... and to feel sexy!!

OO and you will and so will I, but what are these rides you speak of, I daren't even attempt them haha. It will be a good feeling when your looking svelt and sexy I know I cant wait.

Ok, my reasons are

I hate the way I look and never look nice in clothes.

I'm only 25 and should be able to shop in topshop etc not a select few that do a size 20.

Walking fast became a problem, my knees hurt and I was out of breath after a couple of minutes. I think this was really it. I was disgusted with myself and dont want to spend the rest of my life like this.

We're starting to plan our wedding and I will NOT be a fat bride!

I agree with all of the above posts, but for me it is a case of I miss out on so much fun because of my embarrasment of being obese! I try and laugh things off and be self depricating but inside it hurts. I want to be able to go swimming with my family and just enjoy myself and not be worried that i am the fattest person in the pool. To run around after my children in public and not have people snigger. To be able to eat out in public and not worry that people are thinking I might eat their children!!!lol

Basically to have un-self-consious fun

I agree with all of the above posts, but for me it is a case of I miss out on so much fun because of my embarrasment of being obese! I try and laugh things off and be self depricating but inside it hurts. I want to be able to go swimming with my family and just enjoy myself and not be worried that i am the fattest person in the pool. To run around after my children in public and not have people snigger. To be able to eat out in public and not worry that people are thinking I might eat their children!!!lol

Basically to have un-self-consious fun

Yep thats me too, and im fed up of making the fat girl jokes about myself and making everyone laugh to compete with everyone elses slim and trendy selves im clown of the group, but eight days of not eating jumping round the room like a loon to music and exercise and 100% CD im in the zone and happy and determined to do this.

I want to lose the weight to stay looking young for longer. I'm going to be 32 on Monday next week and it looks like I'm gonna be an older mum one day. I always thought i'd have had my kids in my 20's but life has taken over for now. They say 30's are the new 20's and I'm sticking to that!! Most people guess my age to be 27 and that's with the extra weight so i'm looking forward to looking even younger.

Last year my other half suprised me with a jet skiing lesson together and instead of being chuffed that he'd picked an amazing activity to try i had an absolute fit. Now for water sports I need notice just to gt my head around it and kick the fear factor......however (and I never told him this) I was actually more worried about getting into a skin tight jet ski suit and looking like a complete idiot with all my lumps on show. Never told anyone that. This summer I'm determined to go back and do it. We actually ran away......i'd burst into tears and litterally had a massive tantrum. I felt foolish.Awful experience xxx

Last edited:
Its my 40th birthday in August & thats the main reason to lose the weight. I am finding it easier (a re-starter!!) since hubbi went off to Afghan, so hoping in 11 weeks time when he comes back on R&R there will be a real noticeable difference.

Its my 40th birthday in August & thats the main reason to lose the weight. I am finding it easier (a re-starter!!) since hubbi went off to Afghan, so hoping in 11 weeks time when he comes back on R&R there will be a real noticeable difference.

You'll be giving him a lovely surprise :)

Back