What made you decide to try Xencial?

RainbowRose

Gold Member
Just wondering what made the final decision?

Recommendation?

Doctor's orders?

Last resort?

Your own decision?

Something else?

I think for me it is last resort..or maybe that will be gastric band????

I have never tried dieting pills before, so I am optimistic and taking inspiration from the folk on here.

I was embarrased asking my doctor for them, but so glad I did now, as I am on day 6 and feeling fine and have had only 2 craving moments.

I have had one successful diet in about 20 years!..but the old motivation just wouldn't come back.

I am in for the long haul, so I suppose my reason is

..now or never, last resort, I've got to make it work! :)

I had asked my GP previously about Xenical and he refused to prescribe them to me. He instead referred me to Weight Management at Glasgow Royal Infirmary. To say I was erm peed off was an understatement :rolleyes:, but I went and persevered and had some success. Unfortunately after the first phase, there was a break of about 6 weeks ( was over Christmas and New Year), and without the support that I had been getting from them old habits crept back with a vengeance. I yo yo'd for the next few months ( still attending Weight Management), until I went to my GP ( seen different doctor in the practice), who quite frankly felt I'd jumped through enough hoops, and prescribed me the tabs. I haven't looked back :)
They helped me so much, not just with the weight loss, but also by allowing me to *take a step back* and really look at the reasoons of why I was over weight.
I stopped the tablets this week, as I've hit a major plateau, and I've started SW. I really need the weekly support too, and a monthly trip to the GP isn't enough for me anymore.
They're not for everyone, and like any other weight loss aid, if you're not in the right place mentally to face the challenge of changing your life style, then its unlikely they'll help in the long term.
xx

I wanted to try it as I am useless with dieting, used to be ok and be able to lose weight but it is getting harder as I get older, plus havent got the time to exercise with two kids under 2 and a 13 year old. It is working though so al good

For me it was last resort. If this doesn't work I'm done :(

It DOES work though, so long as you take the tablets and be good. It's the remembering to take the tablets AND the being good I'm currently struggling with :cry:

I have yoyo'd for around 25 years, and quite frankly when I woke myself up snoring every night and couldn't walk to the shop without my back hurting I needed to do something drastic.
My Dr was and is very supportive when I asked if I could try them and gets very excited when I get on the scales once a month.
I don't know if its the tabs that are helping or if its having to stick to a low fat calorie controlled diet and being weighed by my Dr is doing it but as long as it continues I don't care, I don't snore anymore;) (you'd have to ask my hubby if thats true but I don't wake myself up anymore hehe) , and I can walk 9 miles straight as I proved on Monday, without any pains in my back.
xx

I just went to the doctors about my weight and he put me on Xenical :D

i researched alli after 1 year and slimming world and only lost 1st. i went to the doctors just to see if he would give it to me to try and he was very supportive, had my first weigh in last week and have lost 8lbs in the first 4 week, i wasn't overly pleased thought it would be more but the doctor was really pleased.

Thanks for all the replies, it made interesting reading.

Oh I forgot the dreaded snoring, I hope mine stops soon :D

8lbs is an achievement colescrabb, my practice nurse told me once that every dieter should aim for a pound and half per week..anything else is a bonus!

I decided to use Xenical because i know what i am like!

I have tried numerous diets over the years and yo yo'd up and down so am finally trying to teach myself some new lessons about eating. I never followed any plan 100% and would get lazy and quit if i did not see results fast enough.

i fall back into bad habits far too easily and because the side effects are so bad it forces me to make healthy choices and not let myself get away with eating things like cheese as i know there will be consequences if i do.

My GP was excellent and very supportive as he knew me and my family history, my mother had been referred to weight management at the royal infirmary as well Alibalibee and had little success with them, so we are now both on xenical and supporting each other.

I am also following slimming world because i find i need weekly support and weigh-ins to help me focus.

It was my GP who mentioned these tablets to me I had never heard of them, I have tried every diet, went to a dietician, and nothing helped, so she offered me these, its early days only been on them 4 weeks this Thursday and have my first weigh in then so I will see how much if any I have lost. This is the first time I feel 100% dedicated to losing the weight my daughter turned 12 and I want to do more girly things with her fed up being the fat mum, and when we go clothes shopping I can't shop in all the shops she likes I have to drag her to EVANS and EVANs, not many shops where I live for big women, I just want to be a slim yummy mummy xxx

Hi

I went to the doctors because I was feeling really ill. I was having headaches and really lethargic. Turns out I have very high blood pressure. I was put on blood pressure tablets and asked what I was doing about my weight "nothing works for me" I answered and I was given Zenical.

Turns out something might work for me afterall. Still early days but 7 lbs last week, a full dress size and a sneaky look at the scales this morning shows another 2 lbs since Thursday. Gonna hide the scales now though.

Back