What Made You Take the Plunge

fluffycat09

What made you finally say, I've had enough, I'm going to get rid of the extra bits..... find the slimmer me....

Mine is I just feel so fat...... bending down is hard, to much fat in the way....

Clothes shopping is horrid, not because I can't find things to fit, as even Next do large sizes now, but clothes look **** on me....

I want to be a yummy mummy, my innocent son mentioned my big bum yesterday.... mind you he also mentioned my big tummy a couple of years ago and I was only a size 10 then, with a flat tummy, so perhaps that isn't any thing to go on... but it was a factor this time..

I want people to respect me again as I do get looked down on for being fat, I know this I can tell in peoples attitudes and the look on there faces.

I want to be proud to walk down the street and not try to hide if I see some one I know.

I want to get fit and go to the gym.

I want a boob job, can't have one until I reach goal..... my hubbys present when I do and I need abit of a hmmm lift in that direction, they are going in the wrong direction.. lol...

Hmmmm yes I want to go diving, but no bloody way would I know, would needs weights to get down as I just float now..

Any more thoughts... love to hear them.

Hey....
for me.. i was sick of being fat... not feeling good.. not wanting to look in the mirror as when i did, did not like what I saw..
Sick of being the fat friend that noone really discussed the latest fashion trends with..
Want to be in lovely clothes again. instead of feeling fat and gross.
Wanted to be able to have loads of energy do run around with my kiddies at the park (which I do now!!)..
Just want to look good feel good and be confident again how I used to instead of shying away x

For me it was my lack of confidance and lack of feeling good about myself. Then we booked a holiday for August and i thought there no way i am being like this for then so it gave me that extra boost i needed.

for me, i really wanted to get a better job when i go home to australia and although it's wrong, i know some people look down on bigger people. i want more confidence, i want to buy nice clothes, etc etc. so many reasons, but main one is i am sick of having no self confidence as i feel so gross! and for health reasons too, i am sick of going to the doctors with an ingrown toenail and having them get me on the scales for a lecture!

I just want to be "me" again. I don't want to be this frumpy, fat mummy (frumpy cos I wear clothes to hide). I want to be sexy, sassy and confident :)

I also want to have more energy and be a healthy weight. When I have lost my weight I plan to buy some killer heels and some sexy undies!

I think the turning point for me was wearing a size 18 and all my clothes being tight I just couldn't face going up another size so decided to take it in hand! Here I am only two weeks later and a stone lighter!! Bring it on..... lol!

For me it was all about wanting to stop hiding away, to stop feeling like I have to be a different person because I was fat.

I want to have the self confidence to go to the beach and not hide my body in a towel, I want to be able to say "this is me, and I am what I am"

I wanted to be happier in my own body. I am also getting married in Dominican in Oct so thats my target not to be the fat bride as well as the beached whale. I am half way there now and I feel like a different person already xx

For me it was my lack of confidance and lack of feeling good about myself. Then we booked a holiday for August and i thought there no way i am being like this for then so it gave me that extra boost i needed.
Brilliant reason, we away mid sep and I need to be 10stone to get in my clothes, hence needing to lose 6 and a half stone before then.

You are doing really well, it spurs me on to see someone doing what they set out to do, well done.

I wanted to be happier in my own body. I am also getting married in Dominican in Oct so thats my target not to be the fat bride as well as the beached whale. I am half way there now and I feel like a different person already xx

Wow brilliant reason and you are getting close, you will look beautiful.

I wish someone I know would get married abroad so I can go....:D Love the photos you see of beach weddings, hope you have a brilliant one.....

Thank you Fluffy Cat, this time round my mum has joined me so we are doing it together altough I have a bit more to lose than her. Its all very exciting xx

for me its just to look better for myself were i can look in the mirror and not crying for once.

and showing my husband that i can be slim and sexy again as hes told me to lose the weight or him.

but im no longer doing it for him its for me i want to be more healthy., im starting on tuesday when i get bak home

For me it was i want to look like i did when i was younger i had a lovely figure always blessed with big boobs even when skinny now im just a big fatty with no confidence. Went on holiday with girls and got sick of hiding my fat in my vest or dress instead of wearing lovely matching bikinis and also holiday pics and i have three weddings to attend this year june and august x

My soulmate came back into my life!

We went out for 2 years, but he lives in France and it was an issue for me. So we split up 8 years ago. We bumped into each other again and our love is as strong as ever:) But in the intervening years I gained 3 stone - I have lost 2 stone and aim to lose 1-2 stone with CD. He loves me whatever, but want to be the weight I was before. My first weigh in is tonight, and I had a couple of blips, drew a line under them, and carried on. Still hoping for a decent loss though!:(

We went out for 2 years, but he lives in France and it was an issue for me. So we split up 8 years ago. We bumped into each other again and our love is as strong as ever:) But in the intervening years I gained 3 stone - I have lost 2 stone and aim to lose 1-2 stone with CD. He loves me whatever, but want to be the weight I was before. My first weigh in is tonight, and I had a couple of blips, drew a line under them, and carried on. Still hoping for a decent loss though!:(

aww what a lovely story! let us know how you get on with your weigh in, good luck :)

A few reasons why i chose to lose weight, first i was feed up going clothes shopping and looking at the sizes before the clothes. Second im going to Florida in August and was afraid that i wouldn't be able to but the safety bar down all the way when sitting with my children on the rides.Last but no means least I WONT TO FEEL SEXY LOL:rolleyes:

I found this thread very interesting, it's been motivational to read all your posts.

My "moment" was when I broke up with my ex and he wanted to hurt me and therefore said "you fat *ucking bitc*". I don't blame him as I said many things too but at that moment I knew that I needed to do it for me cos I feel less worthy because of my weight.

Me and my ex are now back together but he doesn't know about this diet, which is proving a little difficult.

Also along with everyone else I want to feel good and have true confidence and I also want to wear sexy underwear and leave the lights on when having sex!!!!

for me, i really wanted to get a better job when i go home to australia and although it's wrong, i know some people look down on bigger people. i want more confidence, i want to buy nice clothes, etc etc. so many reasons, but main one is i am sick of having no self confidence as i feel so gross! and for health reasons too, i am sick of going to the doctors with an ingrown toenail and having them get me on the scales for a lecture!

I know, smallest thing at the Doctors and they want to weight you. I am surprised when I take my kids for something, they don't try to weigh me again then.

I was really ill about 3 years ago with a back problem and went to the doctors about 4 times in 2 weeks, and each time the Doctor tried to weigh me. In the end I just said no...... you've only weighed me 2 days ago......

And people do look down on fat people.
I lost weight before and some nob even had the cheek to ask me how I got so big before anyway.... what an arse, don't suppose he has ever had to worry about his weight ever...... He would have a fit if he saw I had put weight on again, be he would ask me what I had been eating, he was so rude....

Im getting married next year and am determined to have a size 12 wedding dress. We want to start a family soon after that and I dont want to end up another 3+ stone heavier.

I want to be able to go shopping without gettng upset and spending the rest of the day crying about it, I want to go out for dinner and not think people are starring at me to see what I am eating, I dont want to be the fattest girl at work, my H2B loves me whatever but I want him to think i'm hot!

I found this thread very interesting, it's been motivational to read all your posts.

My "moment" was when I broke up with my ex and he wanted to hurt me and therefore said "you fat *ucking bitc*". I don't blame him as I said many things too but at that moment I knew that I needed to do it for me cos I feel less worthy because of my weight.

Me and my ex are now back together but he doesn't know about this diet, which is proving a little difficult.

Also along with everyone else I want to feel good and have true confidence and I also want to wear sexy underwear and leave the lights on when having sex!!!!

lol, I leave the lights off, shut all doors, have blackout blinds so the room is in total darkness and still keep my pjs on;)

Good for you to , lose the weight for you...

I just want to be "me" again. I don't want to be this frumpy, fat mummy (frumpy cos I wear clothes to hide). I want to be sexy, sassy and confident :)

I also want to have more energy and be a healthy weight. When I have lost my weight I plan to buy some killer heels and some sexy undies!

I think the turning point for me was wearing a size 18 and all my clothes being tight I just couldn't face going up another size so decided to take it in hand! Here I am only two weeks later and a stone lighter!! Bring it on..... lol!

Thats it isn't it, there comes a point, where you are just not prepared to go up any more sizes....

And thoese killer heels are just sat in the shop waiting for you...:D

Back