What made you want to Slim Fast?

Light Raven - I know what you mean about the Paul McKenna book, I tried it for a little while and I just felt so silly puting down my knife and fork all the time... and I just hate the thought of wasting so much food! lol

MrsMe - They sound like good reasons. I think we can all relate to at least one of them!! I can't believe your bf didn't stick with the diet! Well just you make sure you make him feel as bad as he does about your weight now when you're a hot mama!!

Rachy D - Ah that sucks! I hate it when bfs look slimmer than me.. it makes me so insecure!

You know, at first I was really hungry. I had problems with concentration and dizziness.. but I didn't start with SlimFast, I started with something similar, RightSize.

Now I will say that about and hour and half to two hours after drinking a shake or eating a bar, I will start to get hungry. I know they advertise for hunger control for up to 4 hours... but it doesn't last like that for me. And keep in mind, everyone is different.

Because I was constantly thinking about food, I really had to tweak the diet to fit me and my body. Because I have so much weight to loose, I can afford to eat more calories than recommended on the slimfast plan, and still loose weight. I had read a book by Paul McKenna "I can make you thin" and he was explaining research that diets as low as 1500 calories a day is like mini-starvation... as researched during the holocaust... and causes people to horde food, binge on food, steal lie and cheat to get it. And to think there are MANY diets out there that are much lower than 1500 cals. a day.

I couldn't completely devote myself to the ideas in the book as I was having sucess with slimfast... so I took the main one.. eat when you are hungry. and started adding snacks that are healthy. For example.. and I eat this almost every day... I have a bar within an hour of waking at about 6:45am... (supposed to eat within an hour of waking.. really supposed to revv your metabolism).. I can start to feel hunger at 8am. Usually around 9am, I would eat a piece of string cheese (50 cals) but as i have found that cough drops have curbed alot of my hunger... (had a cold for about 2 1/2 weeks...gah!) I haven't been having the cheese.

At 10:30, I eat two rice cakes (70 cals) and have lunch around 12pm. Which is a shake and a sandwich (the states version for lunch is a shake and eat an additional 200 cals... which is normally half a sandwich, but because I use light bread, I can have a full one)

I usually eat anthoer piece of cheese around 2 and a snack bar around 4ish.. dinner at 6pm.

So you see (and sorry for the long post).. everone and every body is different.. and it is a process to find what works for you.

The first week of loss might be big.. 5 lbs or more, but after that it is a tyical 1-3 lbs a week. And I have recently started exercising, so yes, you can :)

LR

Thank you so much this is FANTASTIC advice I really appreciate you taking the time to answer me :)

Lol pinkemmas right you know mrsme, get stuck into your SFing ready to slip into your sexy lingerie... tease your other half but dont let him indulge until he gets on board with you and lasts for a week at least. Tee hee.

Ok so maybe thats a bit cruel! :sign0151:

Hahaha that actually made me laugh out loud, my baby looked at me like i am crazy lol.

I am sticking to this very well now that i have sorted the times out that i eat and having the snacks, there's 2 lingere shops within a 10min walk to my place and always have a quick look when i walk past (really quick tho) i so wanna be able to wear something like that but won't be for a while yet, i have 6 stone to lose:cry:.

Do you reckon i could lose 3 stone on this?? How do you think it would take??

Feeling really good again today but have to change my rooms around as upstairs is too noisy at night, hopefully burn of a few calories lol.

Good luck and keep me posted.

MrsMe xXx

Tee hee Mrsme and yours made me lol too.... I had this image of a young lil munchkin with this daunting lil look on his face!!!! :eek: LOL!!!!

TBH I wouldn't try and put a time scale on the whole journey cause it will only start giving you cold feet... try and think of it in chunks rather than one long stretch...

Cor you're gonna burn lots of calories today!! You go girl!! Me however... can see me sitting on ma lazy behind again!! Hmmm could start a game of tag with my 2 and 4 yr olds... they wouldn't stop once started!! Lol

Yay i'm good hehe

Hey Rachy-D,

Lol, :Di got it all done in four hours!! i put it on one of the other threads what i had to do. Can't believe i got it done so quick also took my mind of eating and sticking to this today. Weekend coming up these are my bad days any advise???

Good luck and keep me posted

MrsMe xXx

Oh weekends are my downfall usually too.. not sure why as I'm home just the same in the week!! Lol..

All I can advise is get out if you can.. take baby for a walk or have some family time... not the best advice i know but as i said i struggle too. It doesnt help when its pouring with rain either does it??!!! Lol.

Thanks hunni....

Ah yes the dreaded weekends!! I'm not too bad with the weekends at the moment because they're just like another normal day for me just now. But Rachy, I totally get what you mean!! I think its just the fact that its the weekend, everyone is in a good mood and so for me that=more food! We usually have a takeaway at the weekend too.. must.. resist! lol

How are you managing the weekend cravings so far MrsMe?

bad bad bad bad bad!!!

oooohhhhhh!!!!

Not good, friday night had chinese and beers to cheer up bf as he was made redundant then today went to my mums and she had homemade cakes ready for me!!! No can resist my mums homemade cakes unfortunately!!!

bickering with bf now as hes edgy about not having a job!!! that always leads to agreeing on something to stop the bickering and then a T/A!!!

oh dear and there's another day yet

good luck to you all and me!!!:cry:

MrsMe xXx

ps thanks for the advise girlies!!!

hi hun, sorry to hear about your bf, i know what you're going through, my hubby was made redundant a couple of months ago:wave_cry:

there's always something to throw a spanner in the works but i think get a t/a it will help cheer you both up. x

Only 2lbs this week but considering the weekend i had i am very pleased!!:D

How is everyone else doing??

Goodluck and keep me posted

MrsMe xXx

Hey sparkelwings,

Thanks was sooo surprised when i saw the scales lol and it was way more than just the one takeaway lol. just can't help myself when it comes to kebabs and chilli burgers lol

Goodluck and keep me posted

MrsMe xXx

Back