What makes a great weight loss week for you?

trhoney

Hi All,

I just thought I would ask you what has been your best week and what you did differently to make your loss good.

I did the speed food challenge and lost 3lbs last week :bliss: which was my best for ages and I though it would be good to see what everyone else believes works best for them.

Look forward to hearing from you all

xxxx

Mine has been recently, I was doing one or two pounds a week, but I've started eating more super speed food and have uped my exercise and now I'm doing 4 most weeks. Lots of water and fruit (strawberrys and blackberrys are my fave for big loss!) X x

beckyblue said:
Mine has been recently, I was doing one or two pounds a week, but I've started eating more super speed food and have uped my exercise and now I'm doing 4 most weeks. Lots of water and fruit (strawberrys and blackberrys are my fave for big loss!) X x

Becky I would be interested to know what you get through in a day to get such great losses! Looking forward to reading it-Or do you have a food diary I can snoop in!!

Best week I've ever done was 8lb. Best week since re-start is 6.5lb. I just did food diaries all week. Need to start doing them again as I'm not really keeping a proper count of my syns. Though not eating food with much/any syns.

Best I did was lose 10 in a week, that was in January, and 2 weeks ago I lost 8.5, I did it by mixing things up, giving my system a shock, trying new things and mixing up hexa's and hexb's x

Best I did was lose 10 in a week, that was in January, and 2 weeks ago I lost 8.5, I did it by mixing things up, giving my system a shock, trying new things and mixing up hexa's and hexb's x

Blimey Anna_vixen, well done that is fabulous!!! The only way I would lose that much is by chopping off my arm! What a great loss!

xxx

trhoney said:
Hi All,

I just thought I would ask you what has been your best week and what you did differently to make your loss good.

I did the speed food challenge and lost 3lbs last week :bliss: which was my best for ages and I though it would be good to see what everyone else believes works best for them.

Look forward to hearing from you all

xxxx

Hi love. Not sure I know what the speed food challenge is? Care to share? ;) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Great thread!
I find my better losses are on weeks where I have eaten lots of melon and have eliminated diet coke and just drink water. Speed food challenge sounds good though as I am now having to syn 3 slices of couscous cake that I thought was low syn and is in fact 30 syns!!

Hi love. Not sure I know what the speed food challenge is? Care to share? ;) xx

Hi NikkiP, the speed food challenge is another thread on here and its where you try and eat as much speed or super speed foods as possible. Some people are eating 15-20 different foods in a day!
I think the idea is that you are so full on fruit and veg/salad and things like tuna or baked beans etc. that are speed foods, you cannot fit in too much of anything else.

I did it last weekend and had a great effect on my WI on Monday night.

Good luck if you try it, I think I may go shopping for lots of yummy berries and suchlike so that I can do it again this weekend.

xxxx

Great thread!
I find my better losses are on weeks where I have eaten lots of melon and have eliminated diet coke and just drink water. Speed food challenge sounds good though as I am now having to syn 3 slices of couscous cake that I thought was low syn and is in fact 30 syns!!

Hi letsgetlosing, I love melon and have about 2 melons a week, my fave being canteloupe. I will try the water thing, but I find that difficult.
Oh dear on the cake, who'd have thought a couscous cake could be so much?!
xxx

Chickpea cake is the way to go. A lady in our group has started baking them for people, last week she sold 17!! She did a bakewell one (with jam) and it was 2.5 syns for the whole cake and is scrummy.

Chickpea cake is the way to go. A lady in our group has started baking them for people, last week she sold 17!! She did a bakewell one (with jam) and it was 2.5 syns for the whole cake and is scrummy.

Hi Cherry-Blossom, I would love to try that cake. Where did she get the recipe from?

xxx

trhoney said:
Hi NikkiP, the speed food challenge is another thread on here and its where you try and eat as much speed or super speed foods as possible. Some people are eating 15-20 different foods in a day!
I think the idea is that you are so full on fruit and veg/salad and things like tuna or baked beans etc. that are speed foods, you cannot fit in too much of anything else.

I did it last weekend and had a great effect on my WI on Monday night.

Good luck if you try it, I think I may go shopping for lots of yummy berries and suchlike so that I can do it again this weekend.

xxxx

Thank you lovely xx

surely chickpea cake would be the same as cous cous cake the chick peas would be synned on a red day as you are using them to replace flour again?

It is on red but on EE and Green its not. 1 is the main recipe and 2 is a little added extra. My friend has found it works better if you zap the chickpeas in the blender then mix the rest in by hand. It does seems to be a bit hit and miss though. My friends makes brilliant ones however my C has tried (6 times) and they've turned out green and taste nasty. We all think she's using mushy peas by mistake ;)

1/5 syn on green / EE for the whole cake!!

1 tin chickpeas, drained and washed
1 tbspn almond essence(or another flavour, i did orange this morning)
1 tsp baking powder(1/2syn)
3 eggs
3/4 cup of sweetener

1)Zap in a blender until smooth and put in a round 8in cake tin (I actually do it as a loaf) after squrting with some fry light and cook on 190/gas5ish for about 40mins.

2)turn out and cool while mixing together a tub of quark with loads of sweetener and a little vanilla essence and when the cake is cool spread evenly over the top. Decorate with fresh slices of strawberry.

I am the same where i have a week with loads of superfree food i always lose a lot as for me carbs make me gain or slow my weightloss so substituting carbs with free or superfree helps a lot x

Hi Safia, I think my weight loss has been slow when I have too much pasta so I try not to have too much as I know it will show on the scales.

xxxx

Great topic.

To speed up my weight loss I have a loads of strawberries with cherries all sliced up in a big bowel topped with a little squirty cream. Sooooo lovely

Does anyone find that bread slows their weight loss down, I'm starting to think it does for me??

My best weeks are when I'm anti-social. When I had a run of weddings, birthdays etc... I generally sts but when I had no distractions and could concentrate I managed 4lbs twice. Not as much as some but I averaged 1lb per week the whole time until I got to target.

Well I have been on probably a world record plateau for 6 months and I have been eating scan bran and drinking more water last week and finally lost 1lb!!!!

Back