What motivates you through your weak moments?!

lottie***

This week i need to get back inot ketosis after a break for a few weeks, but i know that my body is going to shout out in the next few days before i get there for sugar and i will start fighting my evil carb cravings!! so i need to keep my eye on the ball and wondered when you have your weak moments, what is it exactly that keeps you going?? xxx

This forum helps, a LOT. I find early evenings very difficult and have been on here to rant :D

The internal struggle in my head is always along these lines:

Devil: Go on, just have a tiny bit of something
Angel: NO! You want a baby! You have to prove you deserve one by losing the weight
Devil: Go on go on go on go on go on. Just something little. You might cheat and get away with it, lots of people do
Angel: You will be DEVASTATED if you haven't lost anything on weigh in day. Step away from the fridge.
Devil: But chicken is ALLOWED on some plans, just have some of that
Angel: But it is not allowed on YOUR PLAN. You will be proud of yourself tomorrow if you don't cheat

And so on and so forth until I go to bed :D

I look up clothes I want to wear....I have also stuck the most horrible pic of me on the fridge!

However I love the fact when my Gran saw it she said "wow Megan that is a lovely picture of you" ERGH!

I have told her she can have it when I get to goal! :)

I look up clothes I want to wear....I have also stuck the most horrible pic of me on the fridge!

However I love the fact when my Gran saw it she said "wow Megan that is a lovely picture of you" ERGH!

I have told her she can have it when I get to goal! :)

Dont you just love Nans....they are so sweet! Love it!

I have a similar internal dialogue Guru - my devil is called Ethel.

I just keep reminding myself that nobody made me do this but me, that i chose to do it, that yes, its tough, but it'll be worth it in the end. I also don't want to do this for any longer than is necessary, and by telling myself that 'just the one biscuit' might mean another week on the diet seems to do the trick.
I also look at photos of me at my heaviest and the one I have of me at my skinniest (look in my album) and ask myself which one I want.

I make sure I focus on the goal, on the positives, rather than allowing myself to dwell on the negatives; the mind can't focus on a negative, it just doesn't work. So I remind myself of the nice comments I've had - of the fact that I've had to throw out half my wardrobe, etc.

In practical terms I stare in the fridge, have an internal row with Ethel, get a glass of water and flump off in a bad mood for a couple of minutes.

thanks for your replys guys, i have a before pic on fridge too, i think maybe seeing as i spend so much time here at work i might have a copy in my drawer to side track me away from the biscuits! I have a similar dialog with the biscuits here and then rationalising going out to get some prawns too everyday im here so im going to do something for work.

Also from this weeks weigh in i have a vivid picture in my head of my crazy cdc saying its poising dont eat it!! lol shes so great! so i will keep her in mind too! xxx

I have a similar internal dialogue Guru - my devil is called Ethel.

In practical terms I stare in the fridge, have an internal row with Ethel

ROFL!! Just imagining that happening.

That made my day! I think I might name my 'bad voice' something like that.

Lisa x

i have accepted that i made myself fat through over eating the wrong foods.....i have also accepted that this is my consequence!

I love the feeling when i get into smaller sizes, and seeing the look on peoples faces when they see me after a long time!

I have never had motivation like this before, my CDC wants to bottle it and sell it as i have never blipped, never doubted, and never ever thought about anything but the prize....the prize being SLIM!!!! :):D

I genuinely love love love this diet!
xxx

lizz please could you bottle some up and send it my way too!! :D good on you!xx

i have accepted that i made myself fat through over eating the wrong foods.....i have also accepted that this is my consequence!

I love the feeling when i get into smaller sizes, and seeing the look on peoples faces when they see me after a long time!

I have never had motivation like this before, my CDC wants to bottle it and sell it as i have never blipped, never doubted, and never ever thought about anything but the prize....the prize being SLIM!!!! :):D
Its a wonderuful feeling and you have written it so well!!! Im so with you..
I genuinely love love love this diet!
xxx

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!

Hey hon..
for me I put a pic on my fridge looking reasonably good well slim!! and it has kept me going..
Minimins has definatley kept me going!!! This forum is amazing..
and to be honest I have kept myself going........ i just wanted to be slim and the feeling when i bought a size 8 dress the other day and felt so special in it and walked out the shop feeling great.. was just the best feeling in the world..
Just have a picture in your head where you want to be a dress that you want to be in a bikini on the beach and everytime you feel your are going to have a little slip picture youself in that outfit.... and it should help.
chin up hon your doing great!!!

Minimins keeps me going, I just think if everyone else can do it...so can I!Can't offer any more advice, but thought I would wish you the best, you will be fine xx

aww thanks for the encouragement, this site and the lovely people here really do help! we are share the same feelings and experiences which really does help.

I really need to do this, this time round so i will as its my choice, no more excuses! or protein just because i can!

Back