What Now ?

kandy

Silver Member
Dear diary ,
Well been a funny 2 weeks really i have been waiting for some results from my doctor and the results are in and after telling me that vlcd's are not worth a toss she has now said GO AHEAD it cant hurt to lose some weight ! :eek: hmph

So now what do i do ? i had kinda convinced myself i would never be allowed to ss again and now i can i have bungled every restart in the past year so what do i do ?

I have been thinking tomorrow i will start the day with a shake and see where it takes me :rolleyes: !

I know it works as do other diets!
I know i am obsessed (is that good or bad ) !
I know i couldn't take another failure :break_diet: :cry: !

So diary, hopefully i will have a conclusion that will end in me being happy, which i must confess i am not, feeling rather sad actually . So which came first fat or sad ! :confused:

Don't know the answer to that one but i know that i don't want either ! :sigh: :D

xxxx Julie xxxx

Dear diary ,
Well been a funny 2 weeks really i have been waiting for some results from my doctor and the results are in and after telling me that vlcd's are not worth a toss she has now said GO AHEAD it cant hurt to lose some weight ! :eek: hmph

So now what do i do ? i had kinda convinced myself i would never be allowed to ss again and now i can i have bungled every restart in the past year so what do i do ?

I have been thinking tomorrow i will start the day with a shake and see where it takes me :rolleyes: !

I know it works as do other diets!
I know i am obsessed (is that good or bad ) !
I know i couldn't take another failure :break_diet: :cry: !

So diary, hopefully i will have a conclusion that will end in me being happy, which i must confess i am not, feeling rather sad actually . So which came first fat or sad ! :confused:

Don't know the answer to that one but i know that i don't want either ! :sigh: :D

xxxx Julie xxxx

big huge massive hugs to you my dear julie.... me thinks sad came first for most of us and then overweight and then sad cos of overweight and then we forgot why we were sad hence the journey of a VLCD'er isn't as straight forward as we would like it to be???

Well hun... i'm starting tomorrow so maybe we could hold each others hand???

You can do it whatever you decide to do hun

Thinking of ya

love

Gen xxx

Hey you

Remember SS is not the be all and end all. You can do 790, 1000 calories, Paul McKenna, SW, WW - you have so many choices Julie, and so many people backing you 100% xx

Don't be sad - you have too many people who care about you to be sad x

big huge massive hugs to you my dear julie.... me thinks sad came first for most of us and then overweight and then sad cos of overweight and then we forgot why we were sad hence the journey of a VLCD'er isn't as straight forward as we would like it to be???

Well hun... i'm starting tomorrow so maybe we could hold each others hand???

You can do it whatever you decide to do hun

Thinking of ya

love

Gen xxx

Hiya Gen,

I am so tempted to throw myself into it but i know that it doesn't work for me, so the plan for tomorrow is shake for brekkie 1 for lunch and a meal for tea, lotsa water and then after valentines day (booked to go out for a meal) maybe drop the evening meal !
Its the story so far anyway !

I gotta get my groove back !
Good luck for tomorrow and i hope you sail onto it easily !
:D xxx

Hey you

Remember SS is not the be all and end all. You can do 790, 1000 calories, Paul McKenna, SW, WW - you have so many choices Julie, and so many people backing you 100% xx

Don't be sad - you have too many people who care about you to be sad x

Hiya Dq,
Firstly how gorgeous do you look just saw your piccies love your hair looks fantastic !

As for diet , i know there is alot of dieting plans to choose from the problem is i seem to go from 1 to another every other day and they dont seem to work that way ! lol
Saying that i do tend to have a binge in between each plan :rolleyes: !
Thanks for your support its so appreciated i am trying not to let this weight get me down but its always there, i am surrounded by food all day its easily accessible and i take full advantage .
I have to accept that however i do this i will have to work at it there is no magical cure !

I will get there ! Seeing you steaming ahead is a true inspiration you should shout about it be proud ! :D
Lotsa love Julie xxx

Julie, I think try and do what you feel you can!

It is a hard old road, but we have to keep going...

I think D_Q has put a couple of options there that is worth thinking obout.

As Gen has said, we do feel sad first...

Love Mini xxx

Read Gen's reply and thought that's me in a nutshell.

Was definately SAD ... then ate to combat that, then became sad because I was by then overweight ......... was only happy when i lost 4 stone - but as soon as I became SAD again i put on 2 stone ... and you've guessed it I'm sad again!!

I restart CD SS on 19/02/07 and plan to lose at least 2and half stone in 2 and a half months - then I need to sort out what I do next time I get SAD!!!

As D_Q says CD SS is not the only option .... hope you sort out what works for you Julie and hope we can both work out how to stay happy!

Good luck.

Last edited:
Hi Mini,
Yes i will be doing things slowly, no steaming in just feel that its time to do something and now the doc says its fine i have no fear of screwing myself up even more !

Its daunting the choice was taken away from me and now i feel like its just been thrust upon me again and i am trying to be positive and not doubt myself !
I want to be slimmer however long it takes and thats what i must remember !

Love Julie xxx

Read Gen's reply and thought that's me in a nutshell.

Was definately SAD ... then add to combat that, then became sad because I was by then overweight ......... was only happy when i lost 4 stone - but as soon as I became SAD again i put on 2 stone ... and you've guessed it I'm sad again!!

I restart CD SS on 19/02/07 and plan to lose at least 2and half stone in 2 and a half months - then I need to sort out what I do next time I get SAD!!!

As D_Q says CD SS is not the only option .... hope you sort out what works for you Julie and hope we can both work out how to stay happy!

Good luck.

Hey Beverly ,
I realise that being unhappy about a weight problem is par for the course and maybe this will be my turning point !

I lost 3 stone and regained 5 so i know how the return of the weight makes you feel !
Good luck with losing your 2 stone and i hope you find you happy too ! :) Julie XXX

Dear Diary,
Okay so i have followed on with the GI principles 2 weeks and 5 days and i have not weighed myself i havent been mega perfect but nothing worth worrying about so this morning i get up and decide that i wanna know how much weight i have lost i feel better my skin looks better not noticing so much with clothes which is concerning me !

So i jumped on the scales 3 weeks ago i weighed 18.4 pounds so how much have i lost i figured by the book i must of lost 6-10lbs and i felt that seeing it would spur me on so i looked down and there was the magic numbers 18.4 i felt gutted so i ate a whole packet of biscuits and now i am sitting here realising that surely i shouldv'e had a pack and i am reading other peoples experiences on here and even some of the hardcore strugglers have seen the light and are steaming ahead so again i ask WHAT NOW ?

I dont feel stressed about the idea of ssing so why not?

I muat go drink some water as my belly is upset its the first time in 3 weeks its had any sugar lol !
xxx

Oh Kandy how disapointing for you and i must admit i would have dived into the biscuits too. But we both know they dnt have the answers. If you can face the idea of CD why not follow the steps that have been mentioned on another thread. I think you spend a couple of days on 1000cals including 3 packs, then a couple on 790cals then back into ssing without the withdrawal symptoms. Ive tried every way of getting my weight down but Cd has been the most effective so far. I say go for it.

Hiya Happe,
I think i will have to get back into it soon i just felt really fab eating all this healthy food but i obviously got something wrong unless my metabolism is still fairly shot after my last cd dabble !
I will make some changes from tomorrow thanks for your advice and well done on completing your first 2 challenges !
xxxx

Well what now?

I am afraid thats still the big question playing on my mind its almost like i am afraid to ss in case i f**k it up again !!!!!!

Been thinking about surgery not really a good thing i know SW, well, if GI isnt having any impact on me then SW has given me no hope !

Thinking caps on and tetras in the fridge xxx

Ok decision made i will ss from tomorrow i figure the worse thing that could happen is i f**k it up so if i do i pick myself up dust myself down and get the hell on with life !

I dont wanna have to resort to surgery and i dont wanna be a big uncomfortable lump in the summer i wanna bloom this summer i wanna wear a dress i wanna not feel so frumpy i cant go partying !

Enough ramblings, shake for breakfast!, and i will have a positive day to report no question gonna be strong !!!!!!! xxxx

Ok decision made i will ss from tomorrow i figure the worse thing that could happen is i f**k it up so if i do i pick myself up dust myself down and get the hell on with life !

I dont wanna have to resort to surgery and i dont wanna be a big uncomfortable lump in the summer i wanna bloom this summer i wanna wear a dress i wanna not feel so frumpy i cant go partying !

Enough ramblings, shake for breakfast!, and i will have a positive day to report no question gonna be strong !!!!!!! xxxx

Ok, first things first, we are all with you on this, and you know you can do it. Dont think about f**king it up, think about this time,not any other times or making a mess, if you can get those positive thoughts in before you start then it will make things easier.

Icemoose once said there are 2 ways of doing this, one is thinking its a prison sentance and there is no way out, the other way is thinking that it is a release from where you are now, and a way forwaRD for you.(or something like that!!!)

The thing with VLVD is that it works and we all know it, and it works fast, so, for a few short weeks/months out of your life can make you where you want to be.

You can make this happen, and we can give you the shoves you need to carry on.

Sorry to ramble hun, but I reckon you can do this, no worries, its in the bag x

Hey Kandy,

If you feel that SS is the way to go, then set the stage honey. Clear out the fridge, buy loads of books, pampering stuff and hunker in. Early nights, reading, lots of water, and let's get this cracking for you xx

Hey DQ, thanks for your support xxx

Well i have answered my own question What now?

I have just e-mailed cosmetica about a gastric band being fitted hoping to hear soon have asked for a consultation will keep posting lotsa love Julie the failure XXXX

Back