What restaurants do you recommend on dukan?

Nina41

We always eat out on weekends but since I started dukan I don't really know where to go. I went to nando.s 3 weekend in a row. I ask for chicken with no sauce at all, have the breast and give the rest to the kids. This weekend I had livers with no sauce. It was dry but nice.

Where do u go?

For family weekends I used to suggest a bbq or picnic instead, so that I could bring a dukan friendly contribution; chicken shish, thick slices of spinach omelette, chunky salads, quails eggs, frozen nutmeg yogurt, muffins, jelly made with fruit tea or mint...

You could probably get away with a suggestion like that at least once more this autumn.

Otherwise, greek or turkish restaurants are good - eat the shish and salad and leave the bread and humus to the kids.

Pubs usually offer grilled steak, chicken or salmon, so that is another options.

I'd try and go for one of the chains which does a good bit of steak or fish. Most pub food chains will have a steak/salad option (do your PV days on your eating out days.)

Depends on what your budget is really. Goucho grill (Argentinian steak house) is a protein lover's heaven. Livebait, Fishworks, Fish! are also easy because you'll get tons of choices of fish/seafood. Carverys are dead easy; just get the meat cuts and veg.

Where it gets harder is if you go for Indian, Chinese, Thai etc etc. If you go for an Indian, stick to the dry meats (Tandoori) and with a Chinese, if they have a steamed fish (often done in ginger/spring onion) go for that.

I love going out (maybe that's why I am in the state I am...) so have largely been avoiding it - but to date have been to my local pub (chef and brewer) and they do a lovely fish platter that me and the bf share - i have the smoked salmon, prawns and mackerel - and he has the bread, scampi and king prawns in batter.

went to nandos last night - had the chicken livers and quarter chicken (skin removed). was lush.

also had indian takeaway on a pv day - had tandoori chicken and a sag side dish - lovely.

its nice to treat yourself still occasionally, as long as stick to as close to dukan friendly as possible. main prob i have it not knowing exactly what goes into your food if you have prepared it from scrach yourself - so for meantime it will definitely be an occasional treat to eat out - maybe once a week max?

Harvester! I love it :)

When I ordered livers they were dry - having not had them before I didn't know they came in a sauce - do they have two menu options?

Teddy67 said:
When I ordered livers they were dry - having not had them before I didn't know they came in a sauce - do they have two menu options?

Then again I asked for no bread - and the bread arrived - maybe they mistook the order for no sauce? Bit confused now. Anyways they were delicious.

They normally come with a oily sauce! I had it totally plain.

No sauce at all on the ones I had - had them lemon and herb and they were just crispy (so bit high fat from being pan-fried?) but lovely and moist and pink in the middle.

Teddy, I asked for my livers to be grilled with no sauce. I wish I could do that at home!

I also have nandos chicken with no sauce.

Does anyone know if we are allowed sainsburys rotisserie chicken? I love them and haven't had them in months!

I always have the livers medium spicy and love the sauce .... wonder if I could "justify" having the sauce as it always sorts out any "transit" issues I have:D

I love the sauce too but I asked what was in it and they said olive oil so I thought it was better to ask plain.

I though I was the only person in the world who liked livers!!!

There is a dish at wagamama that is a salad with a steak. I used to have that on sw. That is prbably very dukan friendly. Has anyone had it?

I've liked liver since I discovered it doesn't always turn out like my mum used to make it - grey and rubbery - lol

I had a lovely steak salad at Strada for my birthday lunch on saturday. It came with rocket, green beans, tomato and a balsamic and rosemary dressing. I just asked for it without the parmesan cheese.

Vixx said:
I had a lovely steak salad at Strada for my birthday lunch on saturday. It came with rocket, green beans, tomato and a balsamic and rosemary dressing. I just asked for it without the parmesan cheese.

That sounds delicious - no Strada near me unfortunately

Back