What scales do you have?

CDFan

Weighed in at 16st8lbs, then my CDC went on holiday so weighed using the wii fit. I thought I lost 3lbs which was a bit rubbish for 10 days, but it turns out I lost 8lbs!?

I was only using the wii fit as a means of weighing before investing in some new scales and I guess the time has come?

Can anyone recommend a good model? Id rather it be electronic, unless it can show a lb difference. I find on manual ones that the screen is hard to read from looking down onto it. Also, I dont care about body fat % or these other features, just waned to get weighed and thats it! :D

Salter are very good

My CDC weighs upstairs in her office room on carpet :(
Does she have some kind of hard standing MDF or other under the scales? If the carpet is thick, the weighing cannot be very accurate. I know some scales are advertised as being able to be used everywhere, but my CDC learnt the hard way that it is not true. Now it stands on a bit of wood and does not move.

It's not the difference in weight the problems, it's the fact that to be consistent scales must be on a hard surface. On a thick carpet, the "feet" of the scales are not "stable". But if it is thin carpet (like they have in offices), I would think it's OK! :D

Salter are good, my salter scales are the same as my CDC's, only £15 from asda xx

I have cheap argos scales and what i used to do (dont do it anymore as i became obsessed) was weigh myself as soon as i had come back from my consultant weigh in and then see what my scales said because all scales differ slightly that way i could have an accurate guess at my losses before the official one iykwim.
I do use the wii fit though and it tells me it worries about me as you should only lose 2 - 3lb every 2 weeks lol

I use salter digital scales at home - they weigh a pound light but don't fluctuate. We have weightwatchers scales at work and they are all over the place. I only really count my weigh ins with CDC but am always hopping on and off the scales a couple of days before weigh in to try and predict my loss!

Back