What shaker to buy?

Angelnet

I'm new and going to my first meeting tonight. Not overly excited by the choices of meals available so think I'll be mostly living on the shakes. Has anyone bought the Large Shaker with the metal ball inside? Is is worth paying the extra £2 to try and makes the shakes a bit frothier?? Would appreciate any help you can provide. :confused:

I haven't ever used a shaker always a blender. I have a smoothie to go think it was £24 and it makes the shakes lovely and thick. also sainsburys or tesco do a value hand blender for about £4? not much help regarding the shaker though sorry!! x

Don't buy one! you will be provided with a LL one which works really well. If i am using the shaker I add a couple of ice cubes and shake it for ages. otherwise I use the blender with plenty of ice. For me, the colder the better.

Also it is worth trying out different amounts of water as some are sweeter than others.

Good luck for tonight, you will enjoy it. let us know how you get on.

The shaker you get for free is the large shaker with the metal ball. I don't think it makes it frothier but it does mix it better. Very useful when you are out or away. Otherwise I use a hand blender.

I don't like the one they supply, it doesn't mix so well. I have one with a metal ball in which is good, but the best one i have is the celebrity slim shaker (don't like their shakes, but the shaker is brill....and pink :))

The one they supply came with a metal ball in for me!

I got the one with the plastic ball shaped thing. it works just fine except for the chocolate shake which never mixes properly. the added ice cubes help to mix things up as well. Bit noisy though!

Thanks for all your help. Using the shaker supplied today but I might try the Ice trick as I think I'm going to need them as cold as possible. Only had one so far and starving already!! I hope this passes soon. All I can hear in my office is my tummy rumbling.

Back