What should I aim for during my workout?

xgeorgix

I've been going to the gym since July about four or five times a week. I've been slowly loosing weight but not body fat.
Each time I've been at the gym I've been aiming to burn 500 calories not bothering much about my heart rate. Although a few people I've spoken to say I should lower the intensity in order to decrease my heart to fat burning level instead. Apparently this will help increase my fitness and help with my weight loss? Just wondering if anyone knew what I should aim for when working out.

Thanks in advance x

is it just cardio your doing? try adding some weight training in your routine, this will burn fat more :) dosent need to be heavy lifting, start light to get your technique correct first

gina_b said:
is it just cardio your doing? try adding some weight training in your routine, this will burn fat more :) dosent need to be heavy lifting, start light to get your technique correct first

Thanks yea I have introduced this slowly just doing a bit at the end of each workout fingers crossed it helps x

ifyour gym does classes, have you tried body pump if they have it? :D its fab for toning

gina_b said:
ifyour gym does classes, have you tried body pump if they have it? :D its fab for toning

They do but I can't get to them because they start just as I'm finishing work! I really want to do Zumba and body pump
This is the trouble with working different days each week can't commit to groups. Although the gym are rearranging and adding classes so fingers crossed they do one on a Sunday when I'm always off!
What exactly does body pump involve I've heard a lot of people talking about it which is why I want to give it a go x

its just weights, an allover body workout too :) great for toning and body fat loss!
bit of a warning though, dont go too heavy at first class. i did a class on the morning, found it easy and light, did one again in the afternoon and upped the weights... the next day i could barely move, everything was sore but dont let the ache put you off :)

You cant beat doing weights, ive had good gains from it. One piece of advice i would give is rearly concentrate on the negative or down motion of the move you are doing. Do it about twice as slow as your possitive or up movement and be controlled. Most people dont do this and its one of the most important parts.

Good luck

Back