what should i do help

mummy2beslim

taking one day at a time
I had UD yesterday and usually have one today too but worried as my weight already gone up to 147.6 after UD will be up another lb tomorrow . Weekend are hard usually have treats tonight few drinks . should i do that then have two low days just dont want to end up every Friday same weight if you know what i mean. Losing the same pounds i put on at the weekend . So difficult x

Why do you have fri as an UP? If you always enjoy your weekends foodwise , like myself why don't you have sat/sun as your UP days and then set DD s during the week, a double if you want to increase your loss ???

I usually prefer Friday and Saturday evening as weekend . Sunday i dont mind DD as mainly at home all day pottering about so its easier for me .Sunday have roast with lots off Veg and sorted for the day x

An UD after a DD will easily add a pound, because you are replacing gut content and also glycogen you used up on DD, which carries water with it. But a second UD should not usually add another pound.

Remember, UD's are about eating normally WITHOUT OVEREATING. Eat until nicely satisfied, but not stuffed, as a rule. Choosing healthy foods is preferable. Small treats and occasional blowouts on UD's are fine, but if you eat big every UD, you can outeat the DD. Think about it..... If every UD added a pound, then someone just eating normally (i.e. every day an UD) would gain a pound a day until they blew up. It doesn't happen.

The idea of JUDDD is be strict on the DD and relax on the UD... But that does rely on the UD not being completely wild. Or, to put it another way: if the way you normally eat results in ongoing weight gain, you probably need to change the way you normally eat. That's what I had to do, and so far, that's really all I've done, and I've lost six stone.

Also be aware that you do not have a massive amount of weight to lose (it might feel a lot to you, but trust me, it's not) - so unless you are able to exercise like a fiend, you won't be able to lose the weight quickly. Ye canna change the laws of physics, Jim. A loss of half to one pound a week, on average, is a reasonable goal. But given that weight varies by several pounds over the course of the day, even more so when fasting, it would be easy to lose sight of the loss within the normal variation. Try comparing your weight on Fridays with your weight 4 Fridays ago - you should be seeing a loss each time, even if you don't always see one from last week.

Hope something in that lot helps - if not, ignore it.

Barbara

Thank you makes sense .I will have a controlled UD today enjoy my meal tonight but just not eat all the treats i had yesterday . Not gonna weigh now either till after my next down day and then see what i weigh next Friday . It is a long term plan and i have had a few good down days this week just went mad on the choc yesterday , it was needed but walked five miles . Ill keep at it and thank you :)

I've got a much simpler answer. Change you WI day to a different day other than Friday:D

An UD after a DD will easily add a pound, because you are replacing gut content and also glycogen you used up on DD, which carries water with it. But a second UD should not usually add another pound.

Remember, UD's are about eating normally WITHOUT OVEREATING. Eat until nicely satisfied, but not stuffed, as a rule. Choosing healthy foods is preferable. Small treats and occasional blowouts on UD's are fine, but if you eat big every UD, you can outeat the DD. Think about it..... If every UD added a pound, then someone just eating normally (i.e. every day an UD) would gain a pound a day until they blew up. It doesn't happen.

The idea of JUDDD is be strict on the DD and relax on the UD... But that does rely on the UD not being completely wild. Or, to put it another way: if the way you normally eat results in ongoing weight gain, you probably need to change the way you normally eat. That's what I had to do, and so far, that's really all I've done, and I've lost six stone.

Also be aware that you do not have a massive amount of weight to lose (it might feel a lot to you, but trust me, it's not) - so unless you are able to exercise like a fiend, you won't be able to lose the weight quickly. Ye canna change the laws of physics, Jim. A loss of half to one pound a week, on average, is a reasonable goal. But given that weight varies by several pounds over the course of the day, even more so when fasting, it would be easy to lose sight of the loss within the normal variation. Try comparing your weight on Fridays with your weight 4 Fridays ago - you should be seeing a loss each time, even if you don't always see one from last week.

Hope something in that lot helps - if not, ignore it.

Barbara

Bravo, an excellent answer!!!
Seriously Mummy you need to chill, keep to the UD's & DD's you have settled on and keep off the scales unless its to weigh your food. If you stick to the rules you will lose weight trust me..I find it very hard to shift the pounds but its working for me and many, many others on here..you just have to be patient.

Lol yes could change my weigh in day . I have Sunday Tue and Thursday DD Monday Wed and Friday sat UD so four up three down . Friday prob best day to weigh after my three DD x

Back