What should i do?

B2B25/8

Hi all, need some of your fab advice please! I have an aunt staying with us tonight from Malaysia. She has bought lots of goodies from back home as she didn't realise I was on my diet. I am so tempted as won't have them again for goodness knows how long and can't get them in the UK.

In addition while we were out she took us to lotsa places to eat (Malaysian culture revolves around food) so I feel I should take her to the pub tomo for some good ole Brit grub. Dunno what to do!

We then have a second lot of guests from Ireland tomo night and again feel like we should take them out to a nice local pub - I am torn now, should I eat??

I would get back on plan on Saturday but it's only week 2 and don't wanna ruin my progress. I forgot to mention like most south asain food, the goodies are carb based so no way to avoid it!!

Argghh !!

That's fine if you go out you can limit the damage there is lots you can have and just ask if you want something changing I went out Sunday didnt have anything I wanted so asked if they could do me a chicken salad no dressing with new pots it was lovely , as for the treats have them but limit the damage and do not use you syns for rest of week , it's going to be a bad week for all with Easter lots to tempt us good luck sure you'll do fine let us know how you get on ( I'm on week four last week I was not good I had chocolate and a lot of it so didn't use any syns for rest of week and today at weigh in I've lost 3 lb ) x

We-ell... you think you'd get back on plan on Saturday. In reality, it probably isn't that simple. It's a Bank Holiday weekend. You're going to feel some pressure to just put the diet on hold until Tuesday, both from inside your own head and the people around you.

Special events are going to keep happening. Okay, so this particular set or two of visitors aren't going to come again soon - but there will be other occasions that make you wonder about coming off the diet.

Are you going to come off the diet every time something like this happens? You're probably thinking, no, of course not... but it's surprising how you can kid yourself about this stuff. I know I have - and suffered the consequences more times than I care to remember.

It would be far better to stay on the diet. I know you probably don't want to hear that (I know I wouldn't!), but it's true. You can still go out. You can still take your visitors to the pub. You can still have a good time in their company even if you don't eat. There's no law that says you have to eat just because everyone else is eating. You can either tell the truth about why you're not eating - or make something up, like you're feeling a bit under the weather.

Good times don't have to revolve around food - that's just a habit you've slipped into. It's the people you're with that make it fun - not the food!

That's fine if you go out you can limit the damage there is lots you can have and just ask if you want something changing I went out Sunday didnt have anything I wanted so asked if they could do me a chicken salad no dressing with new pots it was lovely , as for the treats have them but limit the damage and do not use you syns for rest of week , it's going to be a bad week for all with Easter lots to tempt us good luck sure you'll do fine let us know how you get on ( I'm on week four last week I was not good I had chocolate and a lot of it so didn't use any syns for rest of week and today at weigh in I've lost 3 lb ) x

sadly cambridge havnt got round to making syns, were on meal replacement, lol

Lily said:
We-ell... you think you'd get back on plan on Saturday. In reality, it probably isn't that simple. It's a Bank Holiday weekend. You're going to feel some pressure to just put the diet on hold until Tuesday, both from inside your own head and the people around you.

Special events are going to keep happening. Okay, so this particular set or two of visitors aren't going to come again soon - but there will be other occasions that make you wonder about coming off the diet.

Are you going to come off the diet every time something like this happens? You're probably thinking, no, of course not... but it's surprising how you can kid yourself about this stuff. I know I have - and suffered the consequences more times than I care to remember.

It would be far better to stay on the diet. I know you probably don't want to hear that (I know I wouldn't!), but it's true. You can still go out. You can still take your visitors to the pub. You can still have a good time in their company even if you don't eat. There's no law that says you have to eat just because everyone else is eating. You can either tell the truth about why you're not eating - or make something up, like you're feeling a bit under the weather.

Good times don't have to revolve around food - that's just a habit you've slipped into. It's the people you're with that make it fun - not the food!

Hey Lily, you are absolutely right..... Thanks for knocking some sense into me! It so isn't worth it and you are right if I go off plan now I won't get back into it till Tuesday. Thanks so much for your wise words, I'm gonna stick to the plan.

Yay! :clap: :clap: :clap:

You can do this hun! Just keep picturing how good you'll feel afterwards, knowing you've kept to your diet despite being tempted - and keep in mind that you're going to be at goal all the sooner because you stayed strong!

Lily said:
Yay! :clap: :clap: :clap:

You can do this hun! Just keep picturing how good you'll feel afterwards, knowing you've kept to your diet despite being tempted - and keep in mind that you're going to be at goal all the sooner because you stayed strong!

Thanks Lily, your advice really hit home for me, think I'll have to re-read it a few times over the next few days to keep me motivated. You are so right had I come off plan thinking getting back Sat I wouldn't have cos of the bank hol and your so right it's just an excuse and things like this will keep happening.

I think you should write a diet book! Your advice Is always fantastic!!

i agree with lily special occasions aren't about food that what gets us in this mess in the first place. by not coming off you are re-educating your brain to not need foods as a treator to celebrate and enjoy the real reason for celebrating.
good luck hun i know it will be hard but imagine how good u r gonna feel at wi

tinkerbellsmum said:
i agree with lily special occasions aren't about food that what gets us in this mess in the first place. by not coming off you are re-educating your brain to not need foods as a treator to celebrate and enjoy the real reason for celebrating.
good luck hun i know it will be hard but imagine how good u r gonna feel at wi

Thanks Hun, that's always been a massive issue for me relating food to having fun but your both right, it should be about enjoying the company and not eating !

Back