What Should I Do?

XxAbbiexX23

Dieting & Mummy To Ethan
My Aunty has come to London for 2 days and I very rarely see her.
She wants to go to a restaurant with me and my mum but obviously being on LT, I can't eat.
However, would it be such a bad thing to have one day off the diet to have something with my Aunt.
I'm really struggling with what to do, if I do decide to eat, what could I eat that wont affect me too much?

I know food will be there for me when I get off the diet but I very very rarely see my aunt and I don't want to eat anything unhealthy. This is the only circumstance that I would even consider coming off my diet for one day, anything else is a no no. And I've proved this for the past 7 weeks. :confused:

I would meet them as soon as they finish the meal and have a sparkling water with them, the meal will only last an hour or two so you wont miss much quality time with your aunt. I personally wouldnt brake the diet but its up to you. You could suggest going having your nails done together or something instead x x

i agree with floridagirl i wouldnt come off for one day, couldnt you go out and not eat? or like floridagirl said spend some quality time together doing something else? xx

Why not go to the restaurant with them and have a shake and chat. It's about spending time with your aunty not about eating so if you explain that you don't mind them eating and what you're doing i'm sure they won't mind.

The only thing is, my aunt, her husband and my mum are going to a restaurant and obviously I can't sit there and not eat anything, it'd be too strange and we are meeting at half 5 anyway, so if I don't go, i'll be losing out on quality time with them. I am so torn. I feel so depressed about this right now I just don't know what to do. :(:(

why cant you go out with them and not eat, ive been meeting my friends every 2weeks as we have a ritual of going out for a meal and ive been sitting there with a coffee while everyones eating and ive manage fine. It wont be weird youl be fine. xx

Abbie, I've got a similar situation in a fortnight for a meal for my mil's birthday.

I'm planning on starting a refeed a week on Saturday for the meal the following Saturday.

I don't want to put on weight so am trying to take a sensible approach to it.

Originally I was going to just have the meal but am now doing the refeed. After the meal I'll decide whether or not to go back on the diet or I may join a slimming club for the last couple of stone.

Good luck whatever you decide.

When I got snowed in at the beginning of February, my Pharmacist told me to eat a small chicken breast and 2 tablespoons of green veg. This didnt take me out of ketosis, and it never affected my weight loss.

The question really is though, if you are determined to eat that night, you could eat the above, but only you know if you are strong enough to continue with the 3 shakes a day after that. It can be harder to keep going once you have eaten a meal, because you can think, oh well if I got away with it once, I can get away with it again.

At the end of the day chick, its your choice and if I was going to eat when in TFR, I would opt for the chicken breast and green veg.

Good luck in your decision, and I hope you have a great time with your Aunt.

Just re-read your message and you don't have the option of a refeed.

Personally in your situation, I'd go along and just drink water.

Good luck

After thinking long and hard and shedding a few self pity tears, I've decided that I'm NOT going to eat. I've survived every other situation. I've had nights out with friends and stuck to water, I've made my friend a Roast Dinner on his birthday (that was a killer lol) and I've come too far now to risk it all on one night. I'm too scared of going back to my old habits which I'm trying to kick as well as slim.
I've thought long and hard and I'm not going to eat. As long as I get a little bit of time to see my aunt, I'll be happy. I refuse to give in now. I cant. I'm almost at the end of my 7th week and I'm a 1/3 of the way in. 106 days left and then I can eat.
I want to be able to eat without feeling bad and I know I'll feel bad if I do eat, no matter how healthy I am when I'm out.
There are people on here who have been doing this much longer than me and have managed not to slip up so I'll follow their lead. Thank God for this website, otherwise I'd be having a meltdown right now.
Thanks for being there for me people and giving me advice. I really really appreciate it. ((((((hugs for all))))))

Well done you abs - join my conga lead!!! haha

Hope you have a nice time with your Aunt - and remember you dont need food to spend time with people :)

Well done Abbie, good choice. Also just imagine the expression on her face when she sees how much weight you've lost.

Yea your better off, you will feel much better at your next weigh in than you would have if you eat for the sake of it, i went away for a weekend to a footie match and didnt eat or drink but was so tempted when everyone else ate but delighted when i got back that i didnt and never though in a million years that i would stick to it and not have a few drinks and something to eat :):) you will feel so proud for not giving into temptation... :):)

After thinking long and hard and shedding a few self pity tears, I've decided that I'm NOT going to eat. I've survived every other situation. I've had nights out with friends and stuck to water, I've made my friend a Roast Dinner on his birthday (that was a killer lol) and I've come too far now to risk it all on one night. I'm too scared of going back to my old habits which I'm trying to kick as well as slim.
I've thought long and hard and I'm not going to eat. As long as I get a little bit of time to see my aunt, I'll be happy. I refuse to give in now. I cant. I'm almost at the end of my 7th week and I'm a 1/3 of the way in. 106 days left and then I can eat.
I want to be able to eat without feeling bad and I know I'll feel bad if I do eat, no matter how healthy I am when I'm out.
There are people on here who have been doing this much longer than me and have managed not to slip up so I'll follow their lead. Thank God for this website, otherwise I'd be having a meltdown right now.
Thanks for being there for me people and giving me advice. I really really appreciate it. ((((((hugs for all))))))

Thats the spirit girl :D dont let anything get in your way, one excuse to eat will just lead to another so dont even go there!!!! keep your chin up, it will be worth it in the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good decision, although it was a hard one for you, we have to remember what our ultimate goal is and focus on that. You have done really well, and after all you can still spend quality time with your auntie which is more important.

Thats the spirit! TBH i had one meal on week 4 of white fish and green veg, although it didnt take me out of ketosis I really didn't feel right for about 3 days after. I think on Lipotrim it has to be 100% until refeed so you have definately made the right decision! Well done xx

well done on your decision on staying strong!! you can do it, just enjoy spending time with your aunt xx

Back