What should I expect from my CDC?

GoOliveGo

I'm wondering what level of support I should expect from my CDC? I arrive for my appointment have a quick 2 min chat, hop on the scales, pay for my supplies and off I go.... I'm not unhappy with her, I just see quite a number of posts raving how great their CDC's are and wonder if maybe they receive contact by phone between appointments to see how they are doing or to motivate them.... Am I maybe expecting too much?

I usually have a 5-10 minute chat as well as WI and supplies.....but don't feel the need to call her for a chat otherwise.....but I'm sure she'd be happy to, she's very good. I think you will find the best motivation on here as there is always someone online and it's a great distraction too. I find that I just keep refilling my water glass on here, so a few hours later I've drunk over a litre......double result!

I spend half an hour or more with my cdc.
I go in, weigh myself, jump up and down in glee, 'my lady' works out my bmi and fills in my paperwork in detail, then we celebrate with a cuppa, we have a good chat and put the world to rights, then 'my lady' measures me and is really chuffed for me when its good. We laugh and chat and generally have a nice time. I should imagine that its about 3/4 of an hour all told. She is lovely, they both are, there are two of them but one in particular is 'my lady'. I give a list of what I would like and I pay for it. Then I trot off very happy with my weigh in, my natter and my weeks 'food'.
I even got a pressie and a card when I hit my 10%.
They are lovely people and I think I struck lucky when I picked their name out. Something that makes it more special is that i know that they are extremely busy ladies and yet they dont mind if I ring them, and I never feel hurried when I am with them.
Lynne x

I'm wondering what level of support I should expect from my CDC? I arrive for my appointment have a quick 2 min chat, hop on the scales, pay for my supplies and off I go.... I'm not unhappy with her, I just see quite a number of posts raving how great their CDC's are and wonder if maybe they receive contact by phone between appointments to see how they are doing or to motivate them.... Am I maybe expecting too much?

Hi Focused, your CDC will hopefully become an important part of your life, someone who you can turn to for answers, who will take an interest in your progress and off course who will supply you with the magic products, but at the end of the day (in my opinion) the true strength should come from yourself, your CDC can't lose the weight for ya, but she or he should be there to answer your questions, give you support whether that be a 10min visit or a 1hr session, if you feel comfortable with her/him then thats a bonus, the result will come from within you, Minimins is a great support site 24/7 where you get to post your thoughts and peeps will come and discuss them with you, through the good times and the bad times.

Good luck on your journey, by your scores your doing brill so far :bliss:

Hi Focused, your CDC will hopefully become an important part of your life, someone who you can turn to for answers, who will take an interest in your progress and off course who will supply you with the magic products, but at the end of the day (in my opinion) the true strength should come from yourself, your CDC can't lose the weight for ya, but she or he should be there to answer your questions, give you support whether that be a 10min visit or a 1hr session,

I so agree!

Thanks all for your replies. She does give advice when i'm wobbly but I have to say this forum is what is really helping me on my 2nd serious attempt at SS! I'm on day 5 and going good... I have also told my husband to hide my scales in the attic as I was jumping on them every day... if I didn't see a loss I would go off course. I didn't realise how obsessed I was with weighing myself... Now where's that ladder (only kidding - i'm not going there!).

I'm the same as you. She's friendly enough but I just jump on the scales, she writes it down and then asks me what I want for the week, and I'm in and out in 10 minutes. If I do have a question, she'll always answer it, but she doesn't question me or check that I am following the diet strictly. I think part of it is that she lost her weight SSing whereas I am doing SS+ so she doesn't really feel she can advise.

Each client is different - and wants different from me.

My first appointment is always an hour - and I go into detail about all the plans, how to make up, side effects, weigh them measure them, BMI, plus give them the yellow booklet, a fridge magnet with all my contact details on plus a write up that I have put together.

I don't take photos now - as I ended up with loads of photos on my computer of people who'd ended up giving up.

My 2nd and subsequent appointments are about reading what that person wants from me. I always want to know about side effects, good and bad points during the week. Any difficult times coming up the following week etc etc. Most are with me 15/20/30mins and get weighed as well. I remeasure every 3 weeks as find that is when you really notice inch loss + that can also be a slow down on the scales - so gives a boost incentive wise.

Equally I do have a few clients who literally email me what they want - dash in - weigh and leave! But few and far between as I can talk too much!!

Inbetween appointments I'm always available to chat or email - although don't tend to initiate contact unless I feel they are struggling.

Sometimes your CDC needs "what you want from them" talk .... try it and see. A rapport between CDC and client can be the make or break part of the diet for some people.

You sound like a very good CDC. I like thorough and maybe that's why I posted the question about mine. She's lovely and I do feel like I can talk to her but I was never measured, just weighed. I did measure myself in the beginning though so I am keeping track. I think i'll ask her to review my BMI now i've come this far. That's give me an extra boost hopefully.

You sound like a very good CDC. I like thorough and maybe that's why I posted the question about mine. She's lovely and I do feel like I can talk to her but I was never measured, just weighed. I did measure myself in the beginning though so I am keeping track. I think i'll ask her to review my BMI now i've come this far. That's give me an extra boost hopefully.

Thank you!

I try to be what I'd want from a CDC if you know what I mean?? and because I'm also having to re assess my weight, I am very aware as to needing support.

Tell your CDC what you'd like from her - ie measuring every now and then + BMI and see what happens. If she comes up trumps for you then you are in a win/win situation, If she still doesn't - then maybe it is time to reassess and maybe look for another CDC.

Good luck!

Back