What slimming world meal would you like cooked for your birthday?

kirsty_baird_26

Gold Member
Well its my mums birthday next week and i have the day off i wanted to cook her a nice slimming world meal! Just been back on the plan a week so not sure what to cook - she likes most things but not overly keen on really spicy food!

So came up with the decision to ask what types of meals you would want if it was your birthday for ideas?

Thanks

what about a buffet sw style loads of syn free things you can make in advance and then a half syn cake. Save all your syns for wine! You could do mini meatballs, sticky chicken, lots of lovely salads and dressings. I would love that if someone did that for me. a real party tea

this is lovely....

smoked cod fillet served with tomato and onion bed with poached egg on top,

you fry some onions in a pan until soft then add a tin of chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper, the put the fish on top of the sauce and put the lid on the pan, meanwhile poach a boiled egg, by the time the egg is done, so will the fish, serve the sauce with the fish on top and the poached egg on top of that,

so yummy, looks posh and sooo easy to make lol , oh and its all free :)

Sweet chilli chicken is yummy and really impressed some friends of mine. It's not really spicy, either - I'm a massive curry poof myself!

4 garlic cloves, crushed
113ml/4 fl oz soy sauce
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 tbsp harissa powder
12 boneless and skinless chicken thighs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A handful of fresh coriander, chopped

1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/ Gas 6. Place the garlic, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and harissa powder into a small bowl and mix. Pour over the chicken and toss together to coat evenly.

2. Place the chicken in a single layer on a non-stock baking tray. Season and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through

3. Remove the chicken from the oven, scatter over the coriander and serve with the lime juice squeezed over.

I served it with Thai sticky rice and steamed pak choi. Really yummy and only half a syn!

Steak - medium, with salad

Back