Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

What suits me now?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by julie19, 28 May 2010 Social URL.

1. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    Now I am at target I get to enjoy the whole of (hopefully a hot) summer at the smallest I have been for years. I want to buy some dresses but how do you know what suits you? I am so used to just covering myself up with long floaty things that I am automatically gravitating towards the same type of dresses yet a big part of me is screaming to show off the new body, I am still not too confident about my upper arms or legs though so I know I want something that covers the shoulders and just above the knee is as short as I am brave to go. Does anyone know ant good websites to look at to get ideas? I don't want to look like mutton dressed up but I also hate going on long shopping trips.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I totally understand how you feel. Like you, i have almost been at target a year.. and i am still figureing this out! I find anything that ties behind the back, suits me best, it nips me in at the waist which makes me feel slim.. ( and is ajustable for those bbq's when you'v just eaten a bit too much :p
    )

i try to avoid small floral patterns too much, just because i think they make my boobs look even bigger than they already are!! lol

also, i discovered yesterday next do some lovley linen tailored tops. I didnt like the look of them on the hanger at all, but when i needed a top to try on with my jeans as the top i was wearing was too long to judge with, it was the first thing my mum grabbed and i found that they all made me look and feel slim, without clinging too me... i like walis's designs at the mo but its all very clingy material and although i might like it on me in the shop.. theres only me to judge me in there ;) LOL

4. salsaqueen

salsaqueen Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    How about going somewhere like Debenhams so you can book a personal shopper and try on lots of different things. Also take someone who can be completely objective and ruthlessly honest?

5. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    AGREED!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.