What suits me now?

julie19

Silver Member
Now I am at target I get to enjoy the whole of (hopefully a hot) summer at the smallest I have been for years. I want to buy some dresses but how do you know what suits you? I am so used to just covering myself up with long floaty things that I am automatically gravitating towards the same type of dresses yet a big part of me is screaming to show off the new body, I am still not too confident about my upper arms or legs though so I know I want something that covers the shoulders and just above the knee is as short as I am brave to go. Does anyone know ant good websites to look at to get ideas? I don't want to look like mutton dressed up but I also hate going on long shopping trips.

I totally understand how you feel. Like you, i have almost been at target a year.. and i am still figureing this out! I find anything that ties behind the back, suits me best, it nips me in at the waist which makes me feel slim.. ( and is ajustable for those bbq's when you'v just eaten a bit too much :p
)

i try to avoid small floral patterns too much, just because i think they make my boobs look even bigger than they already are!! lol

also, i discovered yesterday next do some lovley linen tailored tops. I didnt like the look of them on the hanger at all, but when i needed a top to try on with my jeans as the top i was wearing was too long to judge with, it was the first thing my mum grabbed and i found that they all made me look and feel slim, without clinging too me... i like walis's designs at the mo but its all very clingy material and although i might like it on me in the shop.. theres only me to judge me in there ;) LOL

How about going somewhere like Debenhams so you can book a personal shopper and try on lots of different things. Also take someone who can be completely objective and ruthlessly honest?

Back