What sweeteners do you use??

bye-bigun!

Sensibly losing :)
Just sitting reading thru the net as I am having an early night but the brain won't turn off! (could really go a nice sleep but there u go!)...
Reading up on aspartame and its side effects, risks etc and it got me wondering what sweeteners we all use and if there is one thats particularly better than the others..?
Have to say its not something I have ever thought about before, maybe I need to?? I am a sweetex regular as been using it since I was about 13 as my parents bought me it - its habit now so I have never changed. I did try Candarel once but didnt like it..
any thoughts>>?? xx

Anyone use the supermarket own ones that come in a huge tub of refills? I use so many a day this is something that could save me a fortune! :) xx

If u mean the powder u can't use that on this diet. I did lt 6 yrs ago & it was thought of black coffee with sweetner that put me off doin it again 4 yrs. I use silver spoon now & it's a lot nicer, doesn't av that after taste x

Ah sorry for the confusion, I meant the tablet sweetners.. I have never used to spoonable stuff anyway, never liked it much!!! :) x

the supermarket own brand r crap u have to use extra and they have a after taste sweetex r nicer because u arent eating i think u pick up the after taste more x

I know what you mean about aspartame - it's a bit of a worry. I use Splenda Sweet Minis just cos they have silly slogans on them which just shows how shallow I am! Before LT I used to have about 10 cups of tea a day with 2 or 3 sweeteners so I never thought I'd be able to give it up. Turns out I can do without tea but not the sweeteners. I've tried going cold turkey but my diet demon says ... go on, it's your only pleasure at the moment having a nettle and peppermint tea! I know I need to lose my sweet tooth before I come off this diet and cut down on unnecessary chemicals so my cunning plan is to cut down to 1 and a half sweeteners in May, 1 in June, half in July then I'll be free of them in August! I'm such a wimp. :D

Back