What to cook with these ingredients?

kazzye

Just started SW this week. The rest of the family are having Tesco creamy garlic chicken kievs tonight, which I want to avoid.

In the fridge etc I've got wafer thin ham, peppers, cucumber, onions, passata, cheese, pasta, rice, swede, frozen cauli, frozen green beans, frozen chicken breasts ...?

Any ideas what I could make?

Thanks. :)

Just started SW this week. The rest of the family are having Tesco creamy garlic chicken kievs tonight, which I want to avoid.

In the fridge etc I've got wafer thin ham, peppers, cucumber, onions, passata, cheese, pasta, rice, swede, frozen cauli, frozen green beans, frozen chicken breasts ...?

Any ideas what I could make?

Thanks. :)

Either a pasata pasta (or a bake with cheese) with veg and chicken, chicken and ham rice with veg mixed in, roast chicken with swede and cauliflower mash and other veg.

Thanks LittleOne, chicken and ham rice sounds nice - would you cook it like a risotto with chicken stock rather than wine or boil the rice then fry in a frying pan, maybe with egg stirred in?

Sorry have only just seen your reply. Have never done a risotto with normal rice so I would either boil and season or do your own egg fried. Either would be tasty x

No worries, I diced the chicken and dry fried it with onion and red pepper, then added passata and green beans and some seasoning, then added rice and cooked as a risotto. It was lovely!

Back