What to do next!!!

j70joj

I have been doing RC but its incredibly quiet over there, and so if you dont mind i would like to ask for your help.

I have been on a diet for the last 18 months and not really getting anywhere fast!! I have tried ww, sw and of course RC.

My hubby has pointed out that i am becoming obsessed with my weight, dieting and food. I have to admit i agree as i am feeling desperate which i realise isnt good.

He has asked me to take a break, which i am currenlty doing but already i am eating badly! I know i am going to have to 'diet' again soon.:eek:

Has anyone elso experience this, if so what is your advice.

Thanks

I have been doing RC but its incredibly quiet over there, and so if you dont mind i would like to ask for your help.

I have been on a diet for the last 18 months and not really getting anywhere fast!! I have tried ww, sw and of course RC.

My hubby has pointed out that i am becoming obsessed with my weight, dieting and food. I have to admit i agree as i am feeling desperate which i realise isnt good.

He has asked me to take a break, which i am currenlty doing but already i am eating badly! I know i am going to have to 'diet' again soon.:eek:

Has anyone elso experience this, if so what is your advice.

Thanks

Hey hey!

You sound EXACTLY like me, just a few weeks ago!!

I did calorie counting and got a LOT of weight off, but then I kept on plateauing and plateauing and the weight stopped coming off...

I got extremely obsessive and would eat very little and overly exercise at the gym to have my total net of calories in the minus', so I took some time off and told myself I'd eat like a "normal" person again for a week or so, to kickstart my metabolism again...

Oh dear! is all I have to say! I binged and binged and binged, I then tried Weight Watchers for a week, and put on weight doing that... I'm now up about half a stone since I plateaued...

So, here I am, well and truely ready to get back on the calorie counting track to a slimmer me! :) It's the best option out there! :)

I would totally recommend to you to do calorie counting! You can still eat whatever the heck you like (no working out of points or syns, the calories are right there for you on the label!)

Just don't go and do what I did and spend weeks eating loads and then barely anything then binging etc etc, what a waste of my time...

I would recommend eating for a few days whatever you like, then... CALORIE COUNT WOOO! :D

I know this isn't much help! :p and it's a bit more a 'my experience' than proper advice but I hope it gives you a little hope that it's not only you that goes through those things, and you're not alone :)

defo agree with lozzy! calorie counting is the way forward! u can eat what u like aslong as u stay in ur calories!! good luck with whatever u choose to do! :)

Thanks for your comments its really good to know that i am not alone at feeling this despair. I have decided after reading your post, lozzy, not to go further down the slippery slope than i already have and today i am starting again. If i dont keep track of what i am eating i know i will continue to eat a giant fruit and nut bar each day. I must stop now.

I will try and not let it control my life, and i will also try to stay chilled out about the whole weight loss issue. I am aiming to lose 1lb per week and will aim for 1500 cals - i think this is sensible and achieveable. Do you?

HI you should log onto my fitness pal its free to use and you can track your calories and exercise. Thats the one i use

Hiya! I have not really been counting my calories as im not that good at it to be honest!! Find it hard working things out on some food labels and its hard at work cus i have my lunch made for me! (work in a cafe) have just tried to eat healthier. Is my fitness pal worth me using?? xx

HI Jellybaby, i like it as it is easy enough to use you should have alook at at and see what you think. What way do you find it difficult to work out the food labels, maybe i can help

well im not too good at maths!! and i find it hard when it says per 100g of stuff and its so many grams. I know I sound really stupid but I get so confused! And I never know what to do if someone else has prepared my food or if its not in a packet!! I know im being silly lol! x

well im not too good at maths!! and i find it hard when it says per 100g of stuff and its so many grams. I know I sound really stupid but I get so confused! And I never know what to do if someone else has prepared my food or if its not in a packet!! I know im being silly lol! x

Your not being silly at all- it usually has individual servings beside it too. If not just look at the item weight if it is 200g then just double the cals - does that make sense lol- dont know if i described i right lol

that does kinda make sense!! Ive been trying to not really count calories just choose low cal options and eat healthier!
I see were practically the same weight and exact same height!!
Be good to chat some more and share some tips! not that i really have any! ive only just started lol! :) hope your doing okay!

that does kinda make sense!! Ive been trying to not really count calories just choose low cal options and eat healthier!
I see were practically the same weight and exact same height!!
Be good to chat some more and share some tips! not that i really have any! ive only just started lol! :) hope your doing okay!

That would be good to chat more and keep each other motivated and on track. I never noticed the stats before lol

Back