What To Do Now - Currently on 810.

MR2_Owner

Doing Slimming World
Hi everyone

I'm currently on the 810plan, I like it and have been a good girl this week - my work trousers which used to fit me with a slight gap (and stay up) are now so big on me that they will fall down! I'm pleased with my losses, however when it comes to eating the one meal I struggle.

Sometimes I can't be bothered to cook, which is bad but I do it anyway. Or other times I graze a little bit - like just now I had a few dorito's and a choc cornflake cake at work. But the thing is, I dont NEED it. I've gone down from 1200 and feel ready to do SS as I feel that if I know I can't have any food then I won't be tempted. I'm very much in the mindset that I can have a few lil things but then these often have carbs in. When I do eat, I know I shouldnt aswell or just eat what I'm meant to.

I really would like to do SS now, as I feel ready for it and feel that it would get me more on track again. I've been thinking about it everyday and I don't find the shakes, bars or porridge a chore - i really like it.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I also drank 3L of water yesterday as my thirst was dremendous.

PS: WI tomorrow eve so will see how things have gone this week.

hiya,

i haven't experienced it but if you feel ready for SS, all you can do is try it.

good luck with whatever you choose to do xxx

If you think SS will help go for it. I totally understand that it's easier when the whole thinking about food thing is removed. Good luck with your weigh in x

hiya, like you, I am on 810. To be honest, I am probably closer to SS+ as I don't eat all the protein on 810. I lose between 2-4lbs a week, usually 3lbs, which I am quite happy with.

I know exactly where you are at. Every week, I think will I SS? Would I lose it faster if I just went for it? Certainly, like you, I feel I could SS now, much more than before when I would crack after a couple of days. It doesn't feel like such a huge leap to just cut out that one meal a day. But then I look at what I am actually cutting out. A bit of protein, which does to your body good as it can't store protein, and 3 tablespoons of veg, which I think gives you a bit of fibre. And time and time again I come to the same conclusion that if I can just do strictly 810/SS+ I will lose the weight. I think I am going to wait until I start to plateau, then I will have somewhere to go and a greater motivation to SS.

It's up to you. Are you one of those peeps who needs all or nothing? I don't see the added meal as normal food, but part of the CD diet, from a very restricted food list, that has to be carefully weighed and measured. It is not a free-for-all to eat in my eyes. Certainly if you want to SS, I would try a few days on SS+ -- four meal replacements and skimmed milk -- first, to ease yourself into it. Also, I don't see why you couldn't maybe try doing SS+ in the week and 810 at the w/e?

Good luck, and let me know what you decide to do.

Hey FrancesMag,

Thank you for all your replies everyone.

I'm gonna have a chat with my CDC when I get weighed tomorrow night. See what she thinks too.

Hi there, how did you get on. Bumping this thread up as I really want to know what you decide. I would go to SS+ as I don't eat all the protein on 810 anyway, the only thing that is stopping me is that I can't drink black tea or coffee so I need the skimmed milk too.

What do you think? Surely SS+ (the small meal option) plus skimmed milk is going to be better than full blown 810?

Hiya,

I went and I've lost another 2lbs tonight which means my total loss is now at 31lbs :D I have been a bit naughty again and really feel that I need to take food out of the equation.

Had a chat with my fab fab lovely cdc and I can do SS as my BMI is under 40, plus I feel in such a good place in my life at the moment that it is a perfect time to go lower. So, either as of Monday this week or next Fri (depends on how much 1 of my cars costs to get through its MOT on Monday) I am going to give SS+ a try - I dont do black tea either.

So I'm gonna carry on thinking it through, went to Morrisons tonight and got some more Quorn Pieces and mushrooms - gonna get some diff vege and that over the weekend if I need to. We are going to a Cousins wedding reception Sat night but I figure the dancing will do me good & I'll take a bar to eat aswell.

So are you going to do 4 packs and the skimmed milk option on SS+, when you do switch? Keep the milk but cut the meals? It will be really interesting to see the difference that makes to your losses so keep me posted. I might follow you there.

Hi All

Just a quick update - I am going to give SS+ (the one with 200ml skimmed milk) a try from tomorrow morning.

I chatted it over with my CDC on Thurs, I have 5 extra packs ontop of my current weekly 21 sachets and they'll tide me over 'til Thursday evening which is when I will see her again and everything will be official.

Am a bit scared, but am going to do it - I went to a family wedding reception last night and got 3 compliments from Family who I hadnt seen for ages and none of which knew I was on a diet!

Back