What To Do Now - Currently on 810.

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by MR2_Owner, 15 October 2008 Social URL.

1. MR2_Owner

MR2_Owner Doing Slimming World

Start Weight:
    22st4lb
    Current Weight:
    20st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone

I'm currently on the 810plan, I like it and have been a good girl this week - my work trousers which used to fit me with a slight gap (and stay up) are now so big on me that they will fall down! I'm pleased with my losses, however when it comes to eating the one meal I struggle.

Sometimes I can't be bothered to cook, which is bad but I do it anyway. Or other times I graze a little bit - like just now I had a few dorito's and a choc cornflake cake at work. But the thing is, I dont NEED it. I've gone down from 1200 and feel ready to do SS as I feel that if I know I can't have any food then I won't be tempted. I'm very much in the mindset that I can have a few lil things but then these often have carbs in. When I do eat, I know I shouldnt aswell or just eat what I'm meant to.

I really would like to do SS now, as I feel ready for it and feel that it would get me more on track again. I've been thinking about it everyday and I don't find the shakes, bars or porridge a chore - i really like it.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I also drank 3L of water yesterday as my thirst was dremendous.

PS: WI tomorrow eve so will see how things have gone this week.

night-owl likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Elvira

Elvira Mistress of the Dark

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(22.15%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    hiya,

i haven't experienced it but if you feel ready for SS, all you can do is try it.

good luck with whatever you choose to do xxx

night-owl likes this.
  4. Miss_B

Miss_B Full Member

If you think SS will help go for it. I totally understand that it's easier when the whole thinking about food thing is removed. Good luck with your weigh in x

night-owl likes this.
  5. night-owl

night-owl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.84%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan Step 2
    hiya, like you, I am on 810. To be honest, I am probably closer to SS+ as I don't eat all the protein on 810. I lose between 2-4lbs a week, usually 3lbs, which I am quite happy with.

I know exactly where you are at. Every week, I think will I SS? Would I lose it faster if I just went for it? Certainly, like you, I feel I could SS now, much more than before when I would crack after a couple of days. It doesn't feel like such a huge leap to just cut out that one meal a day. But then I look at what I am actually cutting out. A bit of protein, which does to your body good as it can't store protein, and 3 tablespoons of veg, which I think gives you a bit of fibre. And time and time again I come to the same conclusion that if I can just do strictly 810/SS+ I will lose the weight. I think I am going to wait until I start to plateau, then I will have somewhere to go and a greater motivation to SS.

It's up to you. Are you one of those peeps who needs all or nothing? I don't see the added meal as normal food, but part of the CD diet, from a very restricted food list, that has to be carefully weighed and measured. It is not a free-for-all to eat in my eyes. Certainly if you want to SS, I would try a few days on SS+ -- four meal replacements and skimmed milk -- first, to ease yourself into it. Also, I don't see why you couldn't maybe try doing SS+ in the week and 810 at the w/e?

Good luck, and let me know what you decide to do.

6. MR2_Owner

Start Weight:
    22st4lb
    Current Weight:
    20st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey FrancesMag,

Thank you for all your replies everyone.

I'm gonna have a chat with my CDC when I get weighed tomorrow night. See what she thinks too.

7. night-owl

night-owl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.84%)
    Diet:
    Hi there, how did you get on. Bumping this thread up as I really want to know what you decide. I would go to SS+ as I don't eat all the protein on 810 anyway, the only thing that is stopping me is that I can't drink black tea or coffee so I need the skimmed milk too.

What do you think? Surely SS+ (the small meal option) plus skimmed milk is going to be better than full blown 810?

8. MR2_Owner

Start Weight:
    22st4lb
    Current Weight:
    20st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya,

I went and I've lost another 2lbs tonight which means my total loss is now at 31lbs :D I have been a bit naughty again and really feel that I need to take food out of the equation.

Had a chat with my fab fab lovely cdc and I can do SS as my BMI is under 40, plus I feel in such a good place in my life at the moment that it is a perfect time to go lower. So, either as of Monday this week or next Fri (depends on how much 1 of my cars costs to get through its MOT on Monday) I am going to give SS+ a try - I dont do black tea either.

So I'm gonna carry on thinking it through, went to Morrisons tonight and got some more Quorn Pieces and mushrooms - gonna get some diff vege and that over the weekend if I need to. We are going to a Cousins wedding reception Sat night but I figure the dancing will do me good & I'll take a bar to eat aswell.

9. night-owl

night-owl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.84%)
    Diet:
    So are you going to do 4 packs and the skimmed milk option on SS+, when you do switch? Keep the milk but cut the meals? It will be really interesting to see the difference that makes to your losses so keep me posted. I might follow you there.

10. MR2_Owner

Start Weight:
    22st4lb
    Current Weight:
    20st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi All

Just a quick update - I am going to give SS+ (the one with 200ml skimmed milk) a try from tomorrow morning.

I chatted it over with my CDC on Thurs, I have 5 extra packs ontop of my current weekly 21 sachets and they'll tide me over 'til Thursday evening which is when I will see her again and everything will be official.

Am a bit scared, but am going to do it - I went to a family wedding reception last night and got 3 compliments from Family who I hadnt seen for ages and none of which knew I was on a diet!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.