What to do with beetroot???

Mrs_Parker

Hi All,

Has anyone any ideas on how to use beetroot apart from pickling. My dad has brought around loads of it from his allotment and would be such a shame for it to go to waste.

Many thanks
Angela

I buy the cooked one and it's great cut into wedges and baked in the oven. About 20 minutes does it. Yum. Maybe if you boiled them for 10 min first for raw beetroot like when making chips then baked?

I had beetroot, apple and horseradish dressing salad out once and it was lovely.

beetroot risotto, very tasty and easy to make, think the recipe was in a SW magazine :)

Just boil em and eat them warm, mmmmmmmmmmmmm! Raw grated on salad, juice them in a juicer, beetroot soup! Roasted, but by far the best way is just boil and eat warm!
Sorry had to jump on a beetroot thread lol

Thanks guys - going to try roasting some today and have also found a recipe for beetroot and coconut curry on the SW website.

It will be very pink! I made the risotto (many years ago!) Himself and the children only ate it under sufferrance lol, tasted nice though!

Cut into thin slices, bake in oven on low - medium heat until nice and crispy then sprinkle with sea salt.

Beetroot crisps. yum, yum!

We do this with parsnips, carrots and sweet potato too. xx

Make borscht (beetroot soup), Its lovely and not to heavy so although the weathers a bit warmer i think its a soup that can still be enjoyed, and best of all you can make it totally syn free.

Hxx

Back