1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

what to do with Samphire

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by nicolalouises, 8 March 2014 Social URL.

1. nicolalouises

nicolalouises Active Member

I have always wanted to try Samphire - now i have some in the fridge and no idea what to do with it. Any suggestions?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. becki2009

becki2009 Well-Known Member

Following

4. Hampshire Hog

Hampshire Hog New Member

Hello you two.

By a strange coincidence I bought some very recently.

Apparently you boil it like Asparagus (to get some saltiness out),then dip it in melted butter (or I suppose we had better use low/half fat butter/spread. It apparently goes well with fish. I am veggie though so will go down the melted butter/spread route.

Check it out o BBC Good Food website. THere are some recipes as well.

5. jen3

jen3 Well-Known Member

I sort of fry it in a pan with a bit of sweet chilli dipping sauce - or was told to fry in butter

I love it - its very salty but once you have it with the fish it tastes less salty

6. nicolalouises

nicolalouises Active Member

many thanks all. In the end i simply boiled it for a few minutes and actually had it with a pork loin in tomoato sauce casserole i had made. was very nice and will defintely have it again