What To Eat To Lose Weight/ Need Advice

CoCo

Here I am again, back with the same old story. Fall off the wagon, get back on , fall off, etc etc:rolleyes: I have tried SW, WW, SlimFast etc. I think for me following a plan doesn't work for me. So I am going to try (again) to eat better. At the moment I have toast for breakfast, lunch is a sandwich - more bread- or I have started eating at work a full meal and a pudding :(. I work in a school kitchen and we can help ourselves to any food left over so instead of avoiding the 2 choices of hot dinners and puddings I just cannot seem to resist them, so then I get home and have another dinner. No wonder I am putting on weight.
So I have decided enough is enough and thought that breakfast- will be weetabix, lunch - a packed lunch from home either a sandwich or pitta or wrap, and dinner - my usual dinner at home, chicken or fish and veg. I need to exercise more but my job is really physical we have to put out and put away all the chairs and tables as well and it's non stop in the kitchen. By the time I get home after picking daughter up from school and doing the usual housewrok etc that we all do I am too tired to even think about exercising. I also have an under active thyroid that is apparently stable but I am so tired most nights I fall asleep on the sofa by 8.00pm.
So what do you think about my eating plan, and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I think that if you increase your protein intake and cut back on carbs then it might help you to be less tired at the end of the day. Sounds like your job is physically pretty demanding so perhaps not a good idea to think about adding in more exercise until you've found a way past this tiredness.

Your plan includes lots of carbs which are good for quick energy but how it often goes is that you get a crash 20 minutes later and realise that you're hungry again - does that sound familiar? If it does then maybe you could consider a protein breakfast instead of cereal, and a protein lunch as well, leave out the bread and have salad/veg instead.

And have just noticed that we have the same goal weight! :)

Thanks for your replies, I am going to take a salad to work tomorrow. Hopefully cutting down on bread will stop me feeling sluggish. I must stay away from work dinners and puds, that's my downfall.

I don't know if this is something you can do, but my husband and I decided to try being vegetarian on the weekdays and not worry about it on the weekends. We're not strict about it, but in the last two weeks I've lost 10lbs and it's actually given me more energy than I had before.

Hi
As the lady below has pointed out i think its carb intake thats doing it. I don't really have a sweet tooth but pasta bread and rice were massive downfalls of mine and made me very bloaded and sluggish more so now i actually notice it. So i have cut out carbs as much as i can no rice pasta bread ect and it helps also lots of water wash your through :) xx

Back