What to eat tonight? - Indian Meal Suggestions pls

I had the vegetable rogan and it was absolutely gorgeous, with plain boiled rice, I did think the sauce looked a little oily so I picked out the vegetables and it was just the right amount of spice, tasty without blowing your head off. I also had a little chicken tikka with salad as a starter and quarter of a poppadom - I dont think I've had more than about 7 syns on the food side so have made up to 15 with the ole red wine MMMmmmm!!! lol

Daisy,

that's brilliant - I love it !!

Dansak is good for syns but one restaurant I went to, the Dansak looked really creamy and very like a Korma (and v delicious !) so to be on the safe side I left most of the sauce. However, mostly a Dansak should be fine.

Hi I am a newbie and have been looking at this site the last few weeks as I find a lot more answers on here than the actual SW website:)

I was wondering if anyone could tell me roughly how many syns would be in a dry chicken Tikka at an Indian, as I had this last week with boiled rice in the hope that it was quite low in syns but want to double check before I order it again?

Any help would be much appreciated!:D

I was looking for the same - I go for chicken tikka as I assumed it was less because it didn't have a sauce - any one know how many syns it is?

I thought I might have chicken shashlick with bombay potatoes? Does that sound low syn?? I adore spinach bhaji (the side dish - its nothing like an onion bhaji) does anyone know how many syns that would have?

I'm going for a curry tonight, and I don;t know the syn value for the curry I am planning or how many pop's I'll eat. I do know I will fore-go a starter and the Nam bread!! I don;t drink so low fat fizzy juice will be drunk. I'll be back on the plan tomorrow with avengence! Out with the girls Sat afternoon but feel that'll be a lot easier to syn-free! Had work this losing weight business!

I usually have Chicken Shaslick which is chicken peppers onions that has been marinated and cooked on a hot platters.Then you can order any sauce you want to have on the side.korma madras etc I usually have a few spoonfuls and boiled rice.Feels odd offering low syn ideas when Ive eaten like a pig lately.

I pigged out when I went Fri!

I had chicken tikka Koria, 1 1/2 poppadoms with all the dips! And a slither of pashwaree naan! Was SOOOOOO tasty!

Beef Madras 400g - 11syns
Bombay Potatoes 340g - 7syns
Chapati average each - 7.5 syns
Chicken Bhuna 330g - 11 syns
Chicken Biryani 380g - 12.5 syns
Chicken Curry 390g - 11.5
Chicken Dhansak 350g - 6.5
Chicken Jalfrezi 350g - 8.5
Chicken Kashmiri 350g - 9.5
Chicken Korma 360g - 16.5
Chicken Makhani 380g - 16.5
Chicken Pasanda 370g - 20
Chicken Saag 360g - 11
Chicken Tandoori 340g - 9
Chicken Tikka Balti 375g - 11.5
Chicken Tikka Masala 360g - 14.5
Chicken Vindaloo 360g - 8
Chickpea Dahl 350g - 5
Cucumber Raita 1 tbspn - 1
Gobi Aloo Saag 320g - 11
Lamb Bhuna 350g - 12
Lamb Biryani 450g - 20.5
Lamb Pasanda 350g - 21.5
Lamb Rogan Josh 360g - 6.5
Lime Pickle 1 tbsp - 1.5
Mango Chutney 1tbsp - 2
Naan Plain - average each - 20
Naan Peshwari - average each - 25
Onion Bhaji - average each - 8.5
Onion Sambal 1 tbsp - 0.5
Paratha - average each - 12
Poppadoms - average each - 4
Prawn Bhuna 380g - 10
Prawn Biryani 425g - 15
Rice Pilau 180g - 2.5
Rice Plain 300g - FREE
Samosas meat 2 small - 12.5
Samosas vegetable 2 small - 7.5
Vegetable Biryani 420g - 11.5
Vegetable Jalfrezi 375g - 7.5
Vegetable Curry 380g - 9
Vegetable Korma 380g - 15

These are all EE and is every syn in the SW book :)

This is fab, thank you for doing this.
I love Indian food, lol.

x

First big "test" for me next Friday, I am already thinking what I am going to be eating/drinking. I am going to save some syns. Looks like a Lamb Rogan Josh (which I eat anyway) no naan, but boiled rice. Sounds ok to me :)

Me too, we're going for an Indian at the weekend and I'm very excited. Going to have either a chicken dhanzak or a chicken dopiaza with boiled rice and maybe have a little bit of chicken tikka to start. I used to LOVE naan breads so will stay away from those. I do think I'll have to have a few wines though! :party0049:

Back