Cruise PV What to take whilst travelling.

stmcalee01

Tomorrow we are heading down to my sister's for a family party. She lives in Wigan so it is a 4 hour journey.

As the kids are so small we are going to do it all in a day (idea of staying in a premier inn room with them is hellish). We will be leaving around 5am to get as far as possible down the road before we need to feed them. Any ideas of what I can take for my breakfast? I had thought yogurt with oatbran?

Then we have the bbq - no worries, just meat and fish with a salad for me.

Dinner will be left over bbq I expect. We are planning to bath the kids at my sister's and leave at their bedtime in the hope they will sleep on the way home.:fingerscrossed:

What snacks can I take?

Had considered just doing a pp day but don't think I will be able to drink enough water. Baby doesn't travel well and so toilet stops will be on a strictly sos basis.

What do you lot do?

Make muffins to eat in the car.

Take some cooked meat and cherry tomatos for snacks and keep a yogurt or 2 handy.

I'm out and about with my little one most days, driving to and from activities. Sometimes we don't get back home for 6 hours and nipping to a shop is not an option with activities scheduled rather close together. I always take 2 small cool bags, one for me and one for her. In mine I pack flavoured quark, 2 boiled eggs, some smoked mackerel and some of last night's leftovers (I always cook extra protein). I pop 2 cans of coke zero in the freezer about 2 hours before and pop them in the cool bag. Some days I eat it all, some days I come back with the eggs but I'm never hungry.

Another vote for muffins... My Friday evenings are always spent in traffic jams, nibbling on muffins...

oh no!! did you separate the eggs, and fold in the whites carefully (and quickly so as not to lose the air?)

Obviously not well enough! My husband thinks it is very funny that I can cook huge banquets for loads of people but am reduced to tears by yogurt cake and muffins.

I have so far got sliced beef, a small pot of 0% greek yogurt, a tub of hartleys sf jelly, water and diet coke. That should keep me going.

What about making a fritata? Eggs/meat or fish/vegetables - you can also add cottage cheese - I like this chopped up cold. Might even do it one day for work next week.

Could you ask for a doggy bag of BBQ for the journey home?

Back